Is using the word "Daddy' on a BDSM sim instead of the word "Master" by itself considered ageplay?

Mercy Cortes

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4678 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

Is the use the word "Daddy" on a BDSM SIM instead of the word "Master" by itself considered ageplay? My avatar is not childlike in the least. I have boobs and a butt, I'm not short. I refer to myself as a woman. And I refer to my Owner as that when talking to other people. For example, I say "My Master said this, or My Owner does that".  I *only* use the word Daddy as a term of address to him when he is present on the SIM with me. I do not say "My Daddy told me this" I do not dress as a child, I do not carry a stuffed animal, or wear my hair in pigtails or anything else. The only thing I do is use that term of address. I've seen multiple BDSM SIMS based on Daddy play - that's even the name of some of them. But this SIM told me that to even use that term will get me banned. I've read the rules on ageplay; and explained that I do not use childlike graphics, avatar' outfits or anything. They said the use of the word alone is enough to cast 'doubt'. Could you please let me know, I do not want to stop using the term; neither do I want to break rules. Thank you.

Okay, I don't care about that SIM. I don't want to go there anymore. But they are saying SECOND LIFE will ban me for using it. I want to know if SL will ban me for using that word alone. And if so - why would they allow SIMS with that name?

2 answers to this question

Use of the word "Daddy" by one adult avatar while referring to another adult partner itself in a sexual situation isn't explicitly a banning offense from LL. Incest RP between adults isn't explicitly banned at all. However, it is skating on thin ice, since the vague definitions of "sexual ageplay" do include a participant "talking like a child" as one criteria for considering the situation to be sexual ageplay.You could still get abuse reported and banned, if the people around you don't understand and accept the nomenclature you're intending.  

I would think that if you are in a sim where everyone accepts and understands that in that context, "Daddy" is just a synonym for "Master", you would be okay. But if a visitor to that sim didn't understand your meaning, they still might AR you, and you could still risk LL banning you for ageplay. LL has a nasty habit of banning first and investigating later, if at all.

Personally, I would only use that term in a sexual situation if I was in a non-public sim where all the residents and guests understood the intended meaning of the word and the roleplay age of the participants, in the context of the roleplay done in that sim.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4678 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.