Friend can edit, delete or take objects..... OR NOT?

Zombabe

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4656 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

There's one person in me friends list I can't click on, and select Edit, delete or take objects to allow those permissions. If I click I can click once, and it will open an IM. After that they are completely UNCLICKable it defaults to the person directly above or the person directly below. If I restart my SL than I can select Teleport too option, but if I than go to select modify rights it spazzes out. They are having the same issue. Now we've muted, deleted, departned each other a few time to say the least the past month, and I could see sl bugging out and saying stop iitt!!! lol, but I don't understand why we are having these issues. Our individual friends can't select these options for us either. HELP HELP :)

3 answers to this question

It is a server bug that was rolled out onto all sims with the deploys last week. It is not your account or your viewer.

It also affects all 3 of the friend permissions and if you click one to try and change it you will freeze up that person on your list because it gets stuck trying to do the first change. A relog will clear the change you tried to make & unfreeze it.

The 2 workarounds are to either login to the SL website and go to the friends web profile and make the change there, the friend will then need to relog in SL to see the change. Or, if you want the perms back to default setting, remove the friend from your list and add them again.

http://community.secondlife.com/t5/Second-Life-Server/Known-issue-with-granting-revoking-permissions/m-p/975953

• Like 2

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4656 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.