SL wont start up?

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4631 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Ram: 16GB

Cpu: intel core i5-2500k 4x3,3GHZ

graphiccard: Nvidia Geforce GTX550 Ti 1024ram

Well I got a new PC and now SL-viewer wont start anymore. The system Process of SecondLifeViewer starts up for a split second but then it goes away and the SL-viewer wont show up.

I already tried to turn of the Firewall, to start it as Administrator and to start it as Windows XP.  I tried this with the normal SecondLifeViewer aswell with the Beta Viewer but neither of them works.

Are there any known issues or fixes?

MFG Moonwolf

Ok now I know its a Problem with the SL update. When I copy the files I have from an older Version (2.6.3) it starts up normaly....

When I update then again SLV wont run -.-

So I have to use an older version of SLV till an bugfix comes out -.-

Also it says it wont recognize my grafics card but its running thought so I would say  a Nvidia Geforce GTX 550 TI is no problem for it.

• 2 weeks later...

okay since the new SL version HAS to be updated lets bump this thread

Still the same: Win 7 prof 64 bit evrything works fine with the old version 2.6 i had no problems playing SL it just said my Graphiccard wasnt tested becouse its a new one

so SLV is starting the SLV process for a split second and thats all it wont show up it wont load anything

already tried: compatibility mode as Win XP sp 2&3 and with adminitrator rigths wont work either

and no i dont want to try anything like Phönix or anything else tried them all they all s*ck

is it so hard to get an answer that just could maybe help and not always just use  an other one if i would want to i wouldnt have started that thread at all and yeah they work but i WANT to use SLV

okay a night full of trying to fix that damn thing brought up the couse

i tried to play it in the Virtual win xp mode from win7 (nope not the same as combatibility mode win xp)

well it worked at first but i wanted to copy some of my data onto it and used a programm "TeamViewer" to remotly connect to my virtual PC (i wont describe further why i had to take that complicated messure)

so after i had done this SLV wouldnt start anymore so what coused it i asked my self and killed "TeamViewer" and look at it it worked!

so SLV  will NOT work if you have TeamViewer running the question is why? since there is nothing i could think of that anything could break with SLV if TV is running besides the Viewer in the name there is nothing they have even slightly in common...

• 2 weeks later...

I got this problem to I have a great but a bit old computer that I have played second life on before but now when I installed it the viewer wont start I press the icon from second life but second life don't start what should I do????

I have reinstalled 

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4631 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.