Pay to download product

StoneDwarf

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4549 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Hello everone,

A long time ago, I saw merchants using a pay to download service for .PSD templates and I wonder how this can be done. Are there people in SL offering this service, or is it something I need to take care of irl?

So basically want I want is:

1) A resident buys a product on XstreetSL or in-world.

2) The resident receives an unique weblink where the resident can download the product he/she has paid for.

No public access, of course, only available to those who visit with a link that was generated after buying the product itself. I know I can IM the people who used this and ask them for advice, but I wanted to check the forums first to see if there are people around who offer a service like this.

Don't contact me in-world please, I'm barely online.

Hm, I don't know if something like that would work.

By doing that, everyone would have acess to downloadable products, as long as they have the link and password, which is easily obtainable if people IM and notify each other. I'd prefer an unique generated password or link.

There is a way to do this. Basically you sell them an object that when rezzed generates a one-time key,  passes it to the database and gives the purchaser a link via an owner-only IM or accepts an email address from them to which the .psd can be sent.  The object then deletes itself.

If you would like to discuss building this out please let me know the best way to contact you.

- Clarke

I use something simular for the psd files by cYo.

In the package the customer buys is a 'download laptop'. The user has te rezz the laptop and click it. Then he gets a unique and protected download link, where he can download the psd-file. The link works only for a short time for this single user. The download laptop was scripted for cYo, but I can bring you in contact with the scripter if you like. Just send me an IM or note.

• 6 months later...

Could you send me the scripters name too?  I'm interested in this.  I have created quite a few PSD brushes I would love to sell to peeps in the marketplace but I would prefer a safer way to do this than just a notecard with the download link that could be passed around.

You can reply here, IM me or send me the notecard - any which way is fine by me!

Thanks!

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4549 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.