Do you even read the crash logs?

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4671 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

I am seeing so many people complaining about the latest Viewer release 2.7.2... they say it keeps crashing. I use the Beta Viewer and when I was on this version I crashed every night and I wrote that in the crash logs. I wrote that this new update seems to crash a lot and now with everyone having the same problems I had back then I have to wonder if you even read the crash logs. If you do read them do you make changes based on the reports?

For those of you that are worried this is the end of Viewer 2 don't worry things do get better with the next release.

I read ALL my logs on my computer.  If I am beta testing an application I scrutinize logs for issues that are not so obvious, but can have direct impact on the functioning and performance of the software--within *my* environment.   As requesed, I send these reports to the development team.  I do not make comments to devs -- only observations based on the log data.   

Not too many people want to read technical logs.  

@Keli:  I had some challenges with an earlier version of the Phoenix viewer.  I had used the viewer for months, regularly accepting their suggestions that we download the newest version.  I hit a version that did not like my computer.  I froze and crashed many many times.  I started a JIRA on their website.  I worked with one of their techies for at least three weeks trying one thing then another, sending him logs as I crashed.  Nothing seemed to work but over those three weeks, my JIRA was combined with a few others.  I went back to an earlier version of the viewer that worked for me and waited a few more versions until one came along that was, once again, very stable for me.

If the beta viewer has a JIRA, I would look there for anyone having a similar issue and comment on it or add one that reflects your experiences.  As a user, all you can do is report the facts as you experience them.  It is up to the 'experts' to solve them.

Kudos to you for beta testing.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4671 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.