Getting touch events for all members of a link set

Tracker Admiral

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4672 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

If I link several prims together, and touch one of them, is there any way for that touch event to trigger on all the prims that are linked together?  Or do I need to explicitly use link messages to transmit the events?  I tried with two example prims linked together, but only one would get the touch event.  Please let me know.  Thanks.  (Similarly, are there any ways to get collision events, etc.?)

touch is trickle down, it triggers in the touched prim first, if that prim has a script to handle it, it will then trigger in the root prim (if the previous wasn't the root) if there is no script in the original prim, or if a script in that prim set pass touches to true.

from there you would have to broadcast a trigger back to any other scripts, probably by link message. there should be very few cases in which you need a script in each prim at this point... sit targets are the last real attribute you can't manipulate from the root.

Thanks for your response.  That makes a lot of sense for touch and collision events.

I tried to google around for "trickle" and "second life", but didn't get too many useful hits, so I hope you don't mind my asking a follow up.  What about for messages?  Say one of the prims in my link set is within the radius of someone's llwhisper message, but my root prim is not.  Will lllisten in my root prim still be called?  Thank you again.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4672 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.