LL put my account on hold for age verification.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4670 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

35 hours is just under a day and a half.  Yesterday was Sunday in California (where Linden Lab is located).  I don't know what the hours of business is for LL, but it's most likely 8 am to 5 pm..........that's only allowing LL 7 hours (with a lunch break).  I think you're a little impatient..........things like this take time.  First the email or fax you sent has to be looked at, then investigated, then a decision has to be made whether what you sent is significant or more information is needed (if that's the case then someone has to compose another email request to you telling you what is needed), then, when all that is done, someone has to release your account..............that's assuming what you sent them satisfied LL on the issue.

LL doesn't put accounts on hold pending age verification without something to cause it.  Usually that's someone reporting you as underaged.  It could be a false or mistaken report.............but LL has to investigate and your account will be on hold until it's determined one way or the other.  Who did you tick off?

Something similar happened to me from when I logged in from someone else's computer.  The process took me 3 weeks and I called daily.  Most where very nice and understanding where one was just full on rude.  In the end, I had to contact someone in management I knew to fix it.

Long story short, they are very quick to shut off your account but very slow to rectify any mistakes.

Here's the problem, Chelsea.  Any Internet service that contains adult related material (which SL does), has to put in place protections for minors, people who object to such material, and to weed out potential users who will exploit others.  When an accusation of underage use or acts that are universally considered "taboo" the company has to act on the side of caution..........both for the company's protection and the protection of the people who might be on the recieving end of exploitation.  Saying LL is quick to act to hold account or ban an account because of someone accussing anyone (wrongfully or correctly) is not being fair is, in itself, extremely unfair on your part.  The person who has been accussed is offered the opportunity to correct the error, if it is an error.  If they cannot present enough "proof" to correct the error then that's unfortunate...........even unfair, I suppose.  But SL (and LL) are not a representative democracy such as the United States.....you're guilty until proven otherwise.  It's mostly a legal issue but also it's a very valid attempt at protecting the other users.  In this case it appears to underage usage...........so it's protecting minors.  The must do that by US law.

Get real with your issues with problems like this.  Mandatory age verification at sign up, in my opinion, would stop a lot of these problems.  But, the out cry from the residents would be tremendous.................violations of "rights" would be the top complaint.  You have no rights except the rights LL allows you to have.........read to ToS to find out what thoser rights are.  Expecting more is ignorance.

Unfair? Slow to rectify a mistake? They cant be quick about an investigation and authenticating the documents provided in a support case for an account hold. If they go too quick they could miss something important oh like the submission of a fake ID, a repeated griefer in Second Life, or a known sex offender coming into contact with thousands of minors... Like it or not these strict policies are here for our protection and the protection of minors on the grid.

Oh Yeah I have heard alot of complaints about merging the main grid with the teen grid but heres the rub. Its easier and more efficient to watch ONE grid than it is to watch two, they no longer have thousands of abuse reports coming from two grids, no longer have to keep track of accounts on two grids and dont have to worry about  sickos finding their way onto teen second life to mess with children and young teens. As for children getting on the grid? Well thats funny I do believe its the parents responcibility to insure their children are behaving, not Linden Lab's.

Like it or not LL has to be extremely careful, they dont hold an account on a whim they need some kind of indication an accusation against you may be true if they do have that they are legally obliged to protect the rest of the second life community. Instead of complaining and harassing support about your account hold stop and think for a moment, "Would I want them to do a shoddy investigation on someones account who I suspected to be violating TOS, being underage, or soliciting sex to minors?" I wouldnt I would want them to take all the time they needed to make sure that person was banned for good or really innocent.

I guess I might have been a little quick to assume the problem will be fixed within a day, but 3 weeks is a long time >.>

When I went to review my ticket request it said it no longer existed, and I have not gotten a reply saying the've recived my infomation 

@Peggy, About 13 people who all know each other and hate me with a passion.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4670 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.