Is there a way to make the environment always reflect what time it is in SL?

EggyBinks

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4644 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Like, for instance, if you go to the Environment Settings, you can go to the Editor and move the bar to different times. But, how can I make this permanent, so that it will be dark when it's night time and light when it's day, morning when it's morning, etc.? I just think it would be more realistic, especially since I mainly RP.

In Day Cycle Editor, set Length of Cycle to 24 hours? Not sure if that would actually sync with the real sun, but your SL day would then be 24 hours instead of the default 4. My understanding of it, anyway...

ETA: Save Test Day when you're done.

See http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zFy-xRWH3yw.

ETA II: I woke thinking part of my edit above was just wrong, so I've removed it. Deleting all of the keys would make the sky appear the same at all times. I apologize. Blame lack of sleep.

The 'time' in the SL 4-hour day can be read in LSL with llGetSunDirection.   Making this at least approximately agree with the sun position in the SL sky can be done in the new environment settings controls: the sun position in a sky setting is set using a time of day, so if that position matches the time in the day cycle that the setting is used, the time and the sun will be in rough agreement.

These new controls can be used now in the Windlight Region Settings Project Viewer and will be in the 2.8.0 Beta

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4644 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.