Women's Roller Derby in SL?...............Hell Yes!!! Options

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4530 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Wondering what  to do now that you've tried it all in sl?  How about strapping on some skates and joining the ladies of SLRDA (second life roller derby association).  Like many hud based sports in SL, this interactive high intensity sport is hip-checking its way through the SL community. The current season is underway with the championship looming. Teams are always looking for ladies to add their rosters, and currently there is an international team forming to accomadate for various time zones.  So if you're looking to get involved in a community that fosters a sense of team ethics and lots of fun, check out SLRDA.  We're always looking for a few good women!  

**Cant skate?  there are many off track positions in SLRDA that you could also fill.  Announcers, Refs, Team Owners etc..check us out and see where you fit.            

5.png

Snapshot_095.jpg

2.png

Snapshot_090.jpg

It is pretty awesome!  im with you, its something i wanted to do in RL that physically i cannot.  Playing in SL has been incredible.  This is SLRDA's first year and its been rocky, but the ladies that play derby here have such a passion for it.  if you're interested please..hit my naughty box.  We'd love to get as many people into this as possible, skaters..refs..owners..fans.. there is a place in SL derby for everyone.  take care, and hope to see you on the track sometime.    =)  MizDeMeanor Morpork

Some friends and I were actually thinking of doing that; I went dancing in roller skates (in fact that's where the pic on my badge came from) and everyone was trying to come up with cool names. I can see from  yours that we were on the right track (intended). They picked 'Dil Lerious' for me. :smileyvery-happy:

• 3 months later...

Hi,

I would love to join, but I've been to the SLRDA HQ at least 4 times and could not fine anyone there that could help me, there is an info board, but it does not seem to work as it does not give any notecards, I've signed up for the mailing list, joined the groups, sent notecards to the group owner and still I have no idea how to go about joining or even just trying out for a team.  Is this active at all and if so, can someone please assist me as I am very keen to join and try it out.

• 1 month later...

Well just to let you know, tryouts for the upcoming Psych0 Riot Bitch Season will be happening soon.  You all should come out and see if you have what it takes to be a Riot Bitch!  Im me, Psycho Starship, Darling Scribe or Heaven Evensong in-world for more information or to visit a practice. 

Also you can visit (SLRDA Headquarters) in-world and pick up an application.  And remember..Derby Girls hug with their hips!!!

--MizDeMeanor Morpork,

Psych0 Riot Bitches Blocker/Pivot.

Derby Name: Lustin Pain  #420

RiotBitchesV2_420_LustinPain.jpg    RiotBitchesTeamPhoto.png

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4530 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.