Banned from a private sim, where I had rented, for no reason, do I have any rights?

Diamonique Viper

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4675 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

I rented several parcels for over 6 months, but the sim started crashing and I lost horses (my source of income) so I moved them off the sim, dropped my parcels and moved in with my partner who had land there still.  Tonight the owner comes on and instantly bans me with no warning, no chance to get my things, then laughs at me in IM about it accusing me of making others leave the sim, when in fact it was his own rudeness (even more obvious tonight) that caused it.

So I lost about 5k in furniture etc that I could not go back to get. Not to mention the false accusations he made to me.

I am guessing I have no rights as it was a private sim and I was just staying there with my partner.  But I thought I would ask anyway, because I have never been so abused in SL as I was tonight.

3 answers to this question

Unfortunately LL does not get involved into resident-to-resident disputes. If you feel you have been spoliated, you can file an abuse report with no guarantee of result, alas... As for your furniture and other lost items, try to conciliate with the owner to ask him to send it back to you.

The owner should at least return your items assuming they wish to rent the parcels you had.  Check your Lost & Found folder for a coalesced item (it will look like a couple of objects joined together).  This object will be your things altogether.  You will have to go to a sandbox where you will be able to pull it out and then pick up your items one at a time.  Good luck!

• Like 1

It's worth contacting support if you're a premium member.  

Certainly a friend of mine who found herself in a similar position was able to persuade LL to override the sim-owner's ban for long enough for her to pick up her possessions, but I don't know if that's policy or if she was just very lucky.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4675 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.