llMessageLinked or llDialog Problem On Re-Rez

Dmitriy Gausman

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4689 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

I have a window script I made for a large 174 prim home (linked as one object). There are 14 windows. By clicking on any window, a dialog box pops up and asks if i want all the windows opened or closed (opened is clear glass, closed is exterior curtains only). Depending what i choose, the response from the dialog popup is sent via llMessageLinked to the link_set whereby all the windows with that script receive the command to open or close the windows. The root prim is the border of the front door and has no script in it, however, the root is more than 20 meters from the back windows.

When I put my script in each window, it works fine. The front and back and side house windows all respond properly. However, when i take the house into inventory and rezz it back onto the ground, only the front and front side windows seem to have control over all the windows. If i touch the back or back side windows, while the dialog pops up, there is no response and none of the windows seem to change.

I tried it out on a 5 prim linked object, spread out 40 meters apart (the front is two windows plus the root prim, and 40 meters away, 2 more linked windows). The same thing happens. It works fine when i drop the scripts in, but when i take it to inventory and re-rez it, the "back" windows (those farthest from the root) don't have any effect.

I did read that llDialog has some 20 meter restriction, which may be a reason why the response never gets sent via llMessageLinked, but I can't figure out why that restriction would not apply before I take it to inventory the first time.

The script is fairly small. Touch event for calling up the dialog menu, choose opened or closed. Send a linked message to the link_set based on the dialog response issuing the windows to settexture to either closed or open curtains. I turn on the listen at touch and once the linked messages are set, i remove the listen handle so nothing stays open. I use a non zero channel.

Any preliminary thoughts?

Thank you.

Dmitriy

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4689 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.