Nvidia Graphic card problem

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4465 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Help, please

I have a brand new M14.  Graphics cards are Intel(R ) HD Graphics Family and NVIDIA GeForce GT 555M  . My CPU is an Intel i5, 4G ram, Windows 7 Home Premium 64bit,   When I try to switch Second Life to run on the 555m, it will not do so. .  I have updated the drivers with the latest on Dell.com.  I have used to Nvidia control panel to run the program with the High Performance Nvidia GPU, and I have tried the right click "run with graphics processor".  Nothing seems to work.  I can get any other program to run on the Nvidia GPU, but not Second Life.  No matter what I have tried, I get no GPU activity shown.

Have you disabled your onboard Intel graphics adapter?  Usually, on modern computers you don't have to do that......it's automatic.  You'll probably have to get into your Windows setup utility to select the graphics you want to use.  Tapping the delete key on boot up is a common way to enter your setup (also called you CMOS uitility).  It may be a little different for you computer........check your manual.

• 6 months later...
You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4465 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.