Get Ruthed whenever I try to edit my shape

Rena Sakai

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4741 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

I've been in SL since 2006. I came back about 8 months ago after a year absence. Ever since then, I cannot edit my shape. Whenever I first click on edit shape, my avie goes immediately to some kind of Linden basic shape (huge eyes, big shoulders, etc.) My hair, clothing, and skin will be mine, but just the shape changes. The Ruth shape remains even if I don't save changes. I can revert to my old shape only by wearing an old saved shape. I've tried the Character Test trick and clearing the cache. Nothing seems to help. 

Thankfully, my shape is tolerable, but I'd sure like to be able make some tweaks as I change skins and so forth. Any ideas?

Thanks!

Ok, I tried some thing today and have narrowed down the problem. I can edit my shape just fine if I just click on my avatar and select to edit shape. The problems come when I try to edit the shape using the tools in the Outfit menu. As soon as I select "new shape" I go Ruth.  

Using Character Test (see note above) without success.  I'm using SL viewer 2.0. I've also tried the new Phoenix Firestorm Beta viewer and have the same issue. Strange....

Since I found a workaround, though, I can live with the bug. 

One suggestion which might have some value to you, or to others. I have made a list locally on my PC of all the shape parameters, so I can reconstruct it again from scratch if it ever becomes necessary. Doing that, you also get a shape with full perms. I used it to clone myself in another ID.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4741 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.