Change in crease angle triggers MAV_TOO_FEW_UNIQUE_VERTICES error on upload

Jackal Ennui

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4666 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

I have a mesh which shows a slightly weird behavior on upload. The mesh itself is at 10k tris (still need to optimize, I was just doing upload tests) and when I upload it with autogenerated LOD, here's the issue that happens:

- if I don't use generate normals, the mesh uploads fine

- if I use generate normals (flipping "crease angle" from 75 to 74.9 and back) on high and medium LOD, the mesh uploads fine

- if I use generate normals on high, medium, low and lowest LOD, the upload fails with MAV_TOO_FEW_UNIQUE_VERTICES error, and the debug console message indicates this is an error with the lowest LOD:

INFO: llWholeModelFeeResponder::completed: llWholeModelFeeResponder content: {'error':{'Blockname': 'lowest_lod, Context: validateCompessedFaceIndexVertexData, ErrorCode i25, FaceIndex i0, MeshIndex i0, SubBlockName: PositionUniqueVertices:i1, identifier: NewAgentInventory_InvalidAsset, message: MAV_TOO_FEW_UNIQUE_VERTICES, state: failure

(I was on a slightly older mesh viewer when I copied out this error [by hand ;)] hence the format is a bit different, but it happens on 2.7.6 (234668) as well)

This is a rigged mesh exported from Blender 2.49b, the error happens both if I upload as rigged mesh or as regular mesh.

So .. is this kind of error to be expected because my mesh is too tri-heavy or whatever? I was under the impression that generate normals only affects the in-world display of the mesh. Is it worth filing a JIRA for this?

• 4 weeks later...
You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4666 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.