Mediterranean (2048) vs Ranch

Mr Antfarm

After trying both, I'd say The Ranch is superior by far. Given How Mediterranean (2048) doesn't offer proper rooms. Mediterranean's bedrooms are so small you can only fit your bed in there.

what are your guy's thoughts? whats the perks of having the Mediterranean other than there are 45 currently available, and the ranch is 0 available.

The most important Med perq I can think of is that I like living near water, and the Meds have a couple of navigable rivers, LOTS of ponds, and their coastline is wonderful.  I also like that it seems they will eventually have a direct rail link to Sakura, which is one of my favorite themes. 

Long ago, my partner and I built an idyllic ranch on a half-region in a large, contiguous desert area of a very large estate, so these smaller ranches strike me as kind of cramped. Plus, frankly, the 'frontier' style of all the models doesn't ring my bells, I like more of a hacienda style ranch.

Tastes differ.  I LOVE the Mediterraneans, the home models all have such different layouts and interesting architectural details, I love the variety.   I also love the landscaping, which strikes me as realistically southern mediterranean.  As for bedrooms, I find the bedroom in the Bella Vista/Rosa home to be quite nicely sized, and in proportion to that small home.  I always go for the open floorplan styles (the last 4 styles in the controller menu).  The second floor of the Felicita model is completely open, so you can carve out as much space as you like for the bedroom.  I must confess to being disappointed that the 2nd floor of the Gran Palma is the same as in the non-open floorplan model, the Grande Vista.  I would like the Gran Palma better if one of the 2nd floor walls had been removed.  But really, that for me is a nit, I think the Gran Palma is the next model home I'll use on my Med parcel, because I love the exterior stairway so much.

• Like 3

Love'em both, to be honest, if it's absolutely the right house.  I found a ranch that suits me perfectly (i.e. has a nice water view and railway); and I found a mediterranean house that suits my partner perfectly (i.e. has enough green grass and bridges, visual interest); and so I get to enjoy them both.  I find the houses very easy to decorate in either theme. 

The ranch house lets me emotionally immerse in a slower, lazy kind of day with birds chirping under big trees under big cool sky.  The mediterranean house lets me emotionally immerse in a blazing hot blistering-sun kind of day lounging by the pool on an exotic (to me) vacation in Greece.  Neither of these things is accessible to me in RL, so having access to both in SL is just champion.  Love'em both. 

Edited by Hymn Celestia
  • Like 8