Switching to group owned land, shared object count and avoiding object returns.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 101 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

I have 4 parcels on the same mainland region. Two of the parcels consume the majority of the total objects used.

Is my assumption correct that all 4 parcels would have to be deeded to the same group to continue to share object count?

I'm not quite sure what "Owner makes contribution with deed" means. Does that mean I have to already donate my land area to the group?

I want it to always pull 3072sqm from me and get the remainder from a group donation from another person. If they should ever not be able to donate, I want it to pull the full 4096 from me. If that happens will it automatically up my land use fee to the next tier? I assume I must be owner of the deed group to ensure that?

I am most concerned with auto-return kicking in during the transition.

42 minutes ago, Phate Shepherd said:

Is my assumption correct that all 4 parcels would have to be deeded to the same group to continue to share object count?

Deeded to same group or owned by same avatar.

I'm not quite sure what "Owner makes contribution with deed" means. Does that mean I have to already donate my land area to the group?

That means you're donating the land credits to this particular parcel to the group.

I want it to always pull 3072sqm from me and get the remainder from a group donation from another person. If they should ever not be able to donate, I want it to pull the full 4096 from me. If that happens will it automatically up my land use fee to the next tier? I assume I must be owner of the deed group to ensure that?

If their land in that region is taken and the associated donation with it, your SL account will not just automatically adjust tier up to give you more land credits. You'd need donate the 4th parcel as well (clearing it of any rezzed objects for the donation to give the resources to your group elsewhere in the region), or buy another parcel in that region, and then donate it to to cover the lost land credits.

The first thing that happens if you don't have enough land credits is rez ability stops. I believe it takes some time for them to take unpaid land from a group, which could cause return of group objects if that leaves you with more prims out than you have resources to cover.

But if your friends donation stopped and they told you, you'd theoretically have time to make adjustments.

Edited by Diablo Lioncourt
  • Like 1

10 hours ago, Phate Shepherd said:

Yeah. If these are currently separate parcels owned by the same individual (you), it may be literally impossible to deed them individually to group with their current contents. (Deed an object-heavy parcel first, it won't have enough Land Impact so stuff gets returned. Deed an object-light parcel first, it takes away the spare capacity used by that object-heavy parcel and its stuff still gets returned.) So either lift some objects from the heavy parcel first or (better) link the parcels together before deeding them as a single parcel, which insures it'll all stay owned by a single entity and thereby all share Land Impact capacity throughout.

(It's no problem linking non-adjacent parcels as long as they're in the same region except if the agent doing the linking also has the ability to link any extraneous group parcels they'll drag across to make the link gesture. Then the viewer gets confused about which parcels are involved and fusses about how they all need the same owner to be linked. This can be handled with alts with only specific group land abilities, but it's probably nothing you'll face anyway.)

• Like 1

Posted (edited)
16 hours ago, Diablo Lioncourt said:

But if your friends donation stopped and they told you, you'd theoretically have time to make adjustments.

OK, that gives me some anxiety relief, even if it isn't the way I wished it worked.

6 hours ago, Qie Niangao said:

Yeah. If these are currently separate parcels owned by the same individual (you), it may be literally impossible to deed them individually to group with their current contents. (Deed an object-heavy parcel first, it won't have enough Land Impact so stuff gets returned. Deed an object-light parcel first, it takes away the spare capacity used by that object-heavy parcel and its stuff still gets returned.) So either lift some objects from the heavy parcel first or (better) link the parcels together before deeding them as a single parcel, which insures it'll all stay owned by a single entity and thereby all share Land Impact capacity throughout.

(It's no problem linking non-adjacent parcels as long as they're in the same region except if the agent doing the linking also has the ability to link any extraneous group parcels they'll drag across to make the link gesture. Then the viewer gets confused about which parcels are involved and fusses about how they all need the same owner to be linked. This can be handled with alts with only specific group land abilities, but it's probably nothing you'll face anyway.)

I was sort of hoping you would reply Qie, as 2 of the parcels in question you might have a hand in... 😉

I had it in my head that mainland couldn't be linked together by anyone but LL.

Edited by Phate Shepherd

1 hour ago, Phate Shepherd said:

I was sort of hoping you would reply Qie, as 2 of the parcels in question you might have a hand in... 😉

I had it in my head that mainland couldn't be linked together by anyone but LL.

Uh oh. Yeah, some areas allow neither join nor divide, including Bay City. I'm afraid the only guaranteed general way to deal with such a situation is to temporarily lift heavy-hitter objects from one or more parcels with more Land Impact than they can support. HOWEVER

Here's what I think you can do in your specific case, based on their current Land Impact and Capacities. Let's call these parcels A, B, C, and D, from left to right viewed from the road. Here's a little table of their Capacities and current Land Impact:

Capacity Land Impact
A 692 1074
B 692 821
C 702 182
D 702 174
Total 2788 2251

Suppose we deed parcel D to a group. The remaining parcels are:

Capacity Land Impact
A 692 1074
B 692 821
C 702 182

Total 2086 2077

Now let's deed parcel A to that group. The group with A+D parcels have enough Capacity for their Land Impact, and the remaining parcels do too:

A+D 1394 1248

Capacity Land Impact

B 692 821
C 702 182

Total 1394 1003

Now we add parcel B to the group:

Capacity Land Impact
A+D+B 2086 2069

That's a little tight, but it still works. Adding parcel C restores all the spare Capacity that was there before.

This is not guaranteed to work in every case, but sometimes ya get lucky.

• Thanks 1

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 101 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.