How to do a gradient tattoo

Eryik

Hello everyone,

I'm trying to create a gradient tattoo with the default 2D maps (legacy body) but I haven't managed it yet. I did some tries but :S see the example Firestorm-Releasex64 6.6.17.70368 - Eryik (gyazo.com) Firestorm-Releasex64 6.6.17.70368 - Eryik (gyazo.com). I am lost how to get fix points that the gradient is on all parts same dark. Does anyone have an idea what is a good way to do it? 

Greetings Erik

Edited by Eryik

Posted (edited)

@Wulfie Reanimatorno no its not about that .. its like how to find the fix points on the 2d map for a gradient line and then find the right spots how long it should be.

Im starting to learn blender and i have also the kits but that is a second way to go what takes longer. blender is same how to learn to be confident in permiere or photoshop so it will take some time.

Edited by Eryik

9 hours ago, Eryik said:

@Wulfie Reanimatorno no its not about that .. its like how to find the fix points on the 2d map for a gradient line and then find the right spots how long it should be.

Im starting to learn blender and i have also the kits but that is a second way to go what takes longer. blender is same how to learn to be confident in permiere or photoshop so it will take some time.

Ohh, I see.

It's not really possible to create a perfectly smooth gradient like that by painting on the UV map by hand, because the UV map is not straight or continuous. When making textures for complex surfaces (especially when crossing seams), the best way is to do that is with Blender or Substance Painter or any 3D app instead of Photoshop/image editor. The 3D apps let you draw directly on the model and calculate where on the UV map the colors should go.

Someone else will have to give detailed steps.

Edited by Wulfie Reanimator
  • Like 1

• 4 weeks later...

I feel like the way you did is almost there? Im assuming here that you used the gradient tool from photoshop/gimp/etc for filling the uv islands of the torso, back and arms, right? I think you just need to either make the torso gradient a little bit darker, so it matches the arm... or the other way around, make the arms lighter so it matches the torso. In most editors its just a matter of changing the values a bit.