Anyone using Sculptris?

Nacy Nightfire

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4699 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Anyone here using Sculptris?  It's a free sculpting program from Pixologic for Zbrush users.  I haven't used it much, but after downloading the most recent version I noticed there's a brush one can use to selectively lower "tessellation" on user specified  areas of the mesh.  This might have interesting possibilities for "painting" decimation where you can spare the resolution and other lod uses.  The program exports obj.

"Dynamic Tessellation

Sculptris frees you from the need to worry about your model's geometry. As you model, Sculptris is constantly analyzing the surface to ensure that there are enough triangles to display the details that you're creating. If there aren't, Sculptris automatically divides the area under the brush while leaving the rest of the model unchanged. "

http://www.pixologic.com/sculptris/

I've played with it off and on since version 5. It is a neat program for sculptors (not related to SL sculpt maps). I love that you can dynamically add and take away detail precisely where you want it. If you have Zbrush, the new version has a GoZ plugin that works like a treat.

The only downside is working with a triangulated mesh later in a 3d modeler. But, it isn't anything retopo won't fix. As a side note, they are working on making an auto-retopo tool for it. Exciting days. :)

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4699 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.