Permissions on objects I created and own are locked. (Not what you think)

As seen in attached image, I cannot set this object for sale. I cannot change next owner permission mask. There are usually several "duh" reasons for this, but this is a little odd.

The object is a single mesh piece that I created and uploaded. It has never changed hands/ownership. It has been out on a build platform, after having been uploaded and rezzed by me. Copies have been taken here and there, but the owner has never changed. It has never been transferred away from my avatar and back. 

It has the default plywood texture applied to all faces, and has nothing in its inventory. 

Yet the next owner perms mask (which I didn't set) of Copy/Modify/No Transfer are locked that way, and are applying to me, the original creator and only ever owner of the asset.

Am I being a complete fool or is there something going on with asset permissions? This is happening to me on multiple objects I've had out in a build I'm working on.

The original mesh pieces as originally uploaded are fine. It's just these pieces that have been out in-world. But that shouldn't matter. I have been the sole owner of these assets since they were born. They have never changed hands.

Anyone else experiencing this? 

SL PERMS LOCKED.png

7 hours ago, Timothy McGregor said:

As seen in attached image, I cannot set this object for sale. I cannot change next owner permission mask. There are usually several "duh" reasons for this, but this is a little odd.

The object is a single mesh piece that I created and uploaded. It has never changed hands/ownership. It has been out on a build platform, after having been uploaded and rezzed by me. Copies have been taken here and there, but the owner has never changed. It has never been transferred away from my avatar and back. 

It has the default plywood texture applied to all faces, and has nothing in its inventory. 

Yet the next owner perms mask (which I didn't set) of Copy/Modify/No Transfer are locked that way, and are applying to me, the original creator and only ever owner of the asset.

Am I being a complete fool or is there something going on with asset permissions? This is happening to me on multiple objects I've had out in a build I'm working on.

The original mesh pieces as originally uploaded are fine. It's just these pieces that have been out in-world. But that shouldn't matter. I have been the sole owner of these assets since they were born. They have never changed hands.

Anyone else experiencing this? 

SL PERMS LOCKED.png

If the copies that were taken, as you state, are the result of a shift-drags copy done by an alt of yours with edit permissions, it's likely that what happened is that the alt has taken the shift-dragged item, which is the original, and left the actual copy on the platform, therefore applying next owner permissions masks to you.

Edited by OptimoMaximo
Typos... What else? XD

1 hour ago, OptimoMaximo said:

If the copies that were taken, as you state, are the result of a shift-drags copy done by an alt of yours with edit permissions, it's likely that what happened is that the alt has taken the shift-dragged item, which is the original, and left the actual copy on the platform, therefore applying next owner permissions masks to you.

No alts or any other accounts have had ownership of these objects, only Tim McGregor, using either shift-drag or click/take copy. Next owner mask should not be applying here.