Second Life Event Calendar

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 104 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

A friend of mine is a Second Life DJ and wanted to post his upcoming set on the Second Life Events Calendar.  While completing the form, he noticed that the venue where he was going to be spinning wasn't listed.  He was told that you have to own the parcel for which you are promoting any event. Understand that the person posting the calendar event has to pay for it, so why would there be a restriction on who can post.  If anyone can answer this question, I'd appreciate it.  Thank you.  

On 2/25/2024 at 4:03 AM, Theron Mexicola said:

Understand that the person posting the calendar event has to pay for it, so why would there be a restriction on who can post

To stop me paying to advertise an event that doesn't exist on YOUR land, in YOUR name, to make YOU look bad.

Listing events for group owned land is a group role power, has to be granted to non owner roles by the owner.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

On 2/26/2024 at 12:12 PM, Zalificent Corvinus said:

To stop me paying to advertise an event that doesn't exist on YOUR land, in YOUR name, to make YOU look bad.

This is so true. If not for the restriction I can totally see people doing that, even just to see if it had the desired results.

Like ordering 50 pizzas and sending them to someone, knowing that when they can't pay for it all, they'll get banned by the pizza place.

Or sending a SWAT team to crash someone's pool party.

There's usually a good reason behind any restriction that's in place in any system.

• Like 1

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 104 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.