I'm very shy, yet looking for friends in SL.

R4V3NOUSDREAM

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 62 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Hello, I am on a SL beginner, and I am looking for friends in SL. I am 19 about to be 20 and looking for a good group of people to hang out with. I am quite shy, and don't always feel confident around other people. I am also very kind an empathetic, and I'm fairly new to SL, (new account now) and am looking to make some new friends and possibly meet new and exciting people with common interests to spend my time with in SL. I enjoy going clubbing, and specifically rock and country clubs. (mostly rock) I also enjoy roleplay. hopefully one day I hope to be a part of a roleplay community in SL. I hope one day my new friends and I can grow to become somewhat of a family here too. feel free to message me here on this forum, or IW. Hope to have some new friends soon.

• Like 3

On 2/11/2024 at 9:29 AM, R4V3NOUSDREAM said:

Hello, I am on a SL beginner, and I am looking for friends in SL

First, welcome to SL. 

It can be as difficult as in RL to meet people, especially when you're not outgoing. But my main suggestion is to work on finding your affinity groups, whatever those might be... Based on your identity, hobbies, interests, etc. I can still remember my very first day in-world, 18 years ago, and ended-up in a dance club with music I liked. The public chat conversation was interesting, the people welcoming, and before I knew it, I'd gained traction, and today, I still have SL and RL friendships that began way back then — including people I met on my first day in SL. Finding the places that align with your affinities can take some work and patience, but keep at it. 

• Like 6

• 4 weeks later...
You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 62 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.