Tattoo Help One Arm sleeve

Drvckz

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 98 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

I've seen this but haven't been able to actually do can someone tell me how or even what i need to buy to do so, please and thank you, I have legacy body btw, but their advanced editor is pretty annoying to use

Edited by Drvckz
  • Like 1

The only way to have asymmetrical tattoos on opposite or single arms on an avatar is to have the tattoo attached to an external outer skin or clothing layer worn over the top of the body.

This is because of the bizarre way that the early classic non-mesh system bodies were created in SL over two decades ago, the avatars were created with just ONE arm texture (presumably to save memory) and skin and clothing textures got mirror-mapped across to both arms. However, both legs were created as a pair and can each carry individual tattoos or clothing textures, as you may have noticed already.

When mesh bodies first appeared, their arms still retained the same arm texture mirror mapping as the classic system avatars, meaning both arms shared the exact same textures.

Some mesh bodies, like Maitreya's Lara and LaraX bodies have extra texture layers that are worn over the top of the body, like a second, third and fourth "skin".  Lara has a base skin layer which is both applier and BOM compatible, but Lara's three additional layers can each have different texturing applied to them - but only with applier HUDs. The three layers are not BOM compatible.

The three layers on the Lara body also each have sections which can be made visible or invisible with the body's HUD, meaning it is possible to have only a single arm tattooed, by hiding the desired layers arm sections. It's important that you should not wear any arm tattoos on the body's base skin layer, as doing so will make the tattoo appear on both arms. Theoretically, the three layers could each carry a different applied tattoo design, meaning you'd have to conceal and reveal arm sections on each of the three individual layers.

The real problem is to find a tattoo maker who still sells tattoos which can be applied to the layers with a applier HUD, or which uses the Omega applier system.

Edited by SarahKB7 Koskinen
  • Like 1

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 98 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.