Folders within the fixed Outfits / My Outfits system folder

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 115 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Using the Catznip viewer ( I am not sure whether other viewers supported the option) I could set up folders within the Outfits/My Outfits system folder, for example one called "Lara v5.3 plus Lelutka" and then keep basic outfits in there, separately from those using Catwa or other heads.

This facility has now disappeared, you get an error if trying to create a folder, and the Catznip forum says it was a change in the LL code that has stopped it.

Was there a purposeful reason for this or accidental in some other development? Was there a way that it caused harm? If not could it be reinstated at some point?

• Lindens

I can't speak for Catznip but I suspect this was related to deprecation of certain UDP inventory operations.  Those UDP messages are unlikely to come back and the way forward, good or bad, is the HTTP-based system.

• Thanks 1

Monty is making mention of BUG-234561.

During the AISv3 protocol update which was necessary to implement inventory thumbnails, the legacy UDP message for creating inventory links got somehow broken server-side.

In the event the limitation you are seeing in Catznip would be related to this breakage, it would be possible to ”fix” the viewer code by using AISv3 to create the inventory link instead.

Edited by Henri Beauchamp
  • Like 1

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 115 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.