Asset Server Eating Inventory

Suite Blakewell

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4701 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

I purchased a Meeroo from a friend of mine last night.  Coaxed it, and had it on the stump.  I logged in this morning to the following message: 

[03:26]  Ambrosia Meeroo: The Second Life Asset server created a duplicate Meeroo #372564. This extra one is being released to the wild.

Problem being, it is no longer on the stump, there is NO Meeroo in my inventory either!  I cleaned cache both in the viewer and manually in my cache folder, and it is not there.   Any help would be appreciated.

--||-

3 answers to this question

Geez, Meeroos in the wild...Second Life will be like Australia in 1859 after Thomas Austin brought rabbits there and let them free.

Seriously though, this was posted on the Meeroos web site yesterday

:

Weekend Madness and the Lag Meter.

By: Allatu Augustus

Hello there, Meeroo Parents!

Just a little note to help prevent the loss of meeroos or failed purchases.

On the weekends the secondlife Servers have a Higher Load due to increase in the amount of players connecting to the grid. This means sadly that its higher risk that SL will eat your no copy items when you try to attach or detach them as well as failed delivery of items from vendors.

Your best bet is probably to seek advice on the Meeroos Forum http://www.worldofmeeroos.com/

EDIT: I should add that if you have Premium membership you can seek help from Support on Inventory issues but there is no support for Basic members.

• Like 2

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4701 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.