The Tour-Blue Lion Theatre of Music & Dance

IndigoBlue Tomorrow

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 124 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Thank you oh so clever Gnome! Although "mirrored" dance animation (with tools) is an option when creating multiple dance parts for concerts, I tend to not proceed in this fashion. Every dancer's part is created separately, spaced and timed separately in accordance with the other parts of the choreography. In this particular video it could be due to the dancer's facing that creates the illusion of mirrored animation but now I am inspired to go back and look :).....In my most recent concert "Gryphon Sky" there is a small section for two dancers where they do use mirrored animation (two part animation) as it seemed very fitting and necessary. My channel has one of our past live dance concerts posted in 6 sections..."Kintsugi" .

It was around the 2:44 to 3:04 mark I thought, oh is that mirrored animations? I was like, oh that's a cool idea. Not mirrored in video editing software, but each dancer using their own mirrored animation in world. It could not be the video editor mirror because in the film the avatars are different. Looked amazing in your video to me. 

Seems like a lot of the paragon dances include a mirrored version.

paragon.png

• Like 1

Posted (edited)

Interesting. I will give it a look but I have never used Paragon animations. More later when I analyze the time frame. Thank you! If you ever need a character for your videos give me a shout....I love them!

So adding a note after viewing that section of the concert. We did not use mirrored animations there but an illusion was created because of the particular facing of each dancer. Four dancers were facing in to the center of the stage from within their square placement and two of us were facing downstage (to the audience) We were all doing exactly the same unison movement there....and that particular animation came from A& M Animations. After all my blah blah blah I hope that clarifies. Thank you for watching and the conversation Gnome!

Edited by IndigoBlue Tomorrow

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 124 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.