Request to animate avatar hides behind other windows (request permissions)

Christina Halpin

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 129 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

The request to animate my avatar appears behind any windows/menus I have open.

As near as I can tell, it is very very common that a new menu or window appears on top of old ones -- in SL and everywhere else. The problem with opening a new window behind other open windows is that the person might not see it.

I assume this is a viewer issue, but I found it in Firestorm and the SL viewer. I have problems getting people to accept permissions for something they want, and I am guessing this is a big part of the problem.

Is there some reason for this? If not, can it be fixed? I think that would help me and everyone. Shouldn't there be a note about this on the RequestPermissions page (https://wiki.secondlife.com/wiki/LlRequestPermissions ) at least telling people about this quirky feature?

• Like 1

Indeed, it's an annoying 'feature'. The best you can do at the moment is use llRegionSayTo() to additionally notify the avatar that you would really like them to accept the permission request.

There's a similar problem for group invites. Unless someone actively tells me they invited me to a group, I always miss the notification.

• Like 1

I use Kokua Viewer, and to ensure that I do not miss any toast notifications, I make my panels transparent.

Active panels have ~25% transparency, while inactive panels have ~80% transparency (forgot the exact numbers)

This allows me to see "submarine" toasts, even if I'm actively interacting with a panel.

Edit: I personally think this isn't an issue for scripting, so probably better to post the suggestion in the Viewer forum?

Edited by primerib1
  • Thanks 1

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 129 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.