glb pbr files

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 197 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

hi all is there anyway to make glb files without  a 3d model , as i have found most tutorials on YouTube you have to use a 3d model in blender, which means that because i have not made a 3d model from scratch i cannot make the files i want to , ie clothing textures and there is not much in the way of full perm models in sl market place so you can save them as obj ie full perm ones thanks for the help  if anyone can advise me cheers

36 minutes ago, velvetgurl said:

hi all is there anyway to make glb files without  a 3d model , as i have found most tutorials on YouTube you have to use a 3d model in blender, which means that because i have not made a 3d model from scratch i cannot make the files i want to , ie clothing textures and there is not much in the way of full perm models in sl market place so you can save them as obj ie full perm ones thanks for the help  if anyone can advise me cheers

Maybe  https://aiaicapta.in/gltf-packer/ something you are looking for? You just insert the texture maps and it will make a glTF file.

(I haven't used the packer myself, but it is made by a Second Life resident, and what I hear is that it does work great.)

• Like 1

1 hour ago, arton Rotaru said:

Maybe  https://aiaicapta.in/gltf-packer/ something you are looking for? You just insert the texture maps and it will make a glTF file.

(I haven't used the packer myself, but it is made by a Second Life resident, and what I hear is that it does work great.)

tryed it only works with jpg files even then it don't generate the images i tried targa , as well worth a try thank you

31 minutes ago, velvetgurl said:

tryed it only works with jpg files even then it don't generate the images i tried targa , as well worth a try thank you

The glTF Specification supports only JPG and PNG. So for lossless textures we are going to use PNG files for PBR materials. I never was a fan of PNG either, always worked with TGA, but it is what it is.

What can be done is to pack the targa textures into the metallic-roughness map yourself in an image editor.
red channel = occlusion,
green channel = roughness,
blue channel = metallic.

upload the images into SL as textures and drop those into a new material that can be created in-world as well.

Edited by arton Rotaru
  • Like 1

The GLTF packer assumes you already have a full set of PBR textures, just to be clear.

If you want to create new PBR materials, you need some kind of other software (like Blender or Substance Painter) to design your material first (or just download free ones), then put them into the GLTF packer so you can upload them to SL as a ready-to-use material.

Edited by Wulfie Reanimator
  • Like 1

15 hours ago, arton Rotaru said:

The glTF Specification supports only JPG and PNG. So for lossless textures we are going to use PNG files for PBR materials. I never was a fan of PNG either, always worked with TGA, but it is what it is.

What can be done is to pack the targa textures into the metallic-roughness map yourself in an image editor.
red channel = occlusion,
green channel = roughness,
blue channel = metallic.

upload the images into SL as textures and drop those into a new material that can be created in-world as well.

thank you so much awesome reply

10 hours ago, Wulfie Reanimator said:

The GLTF packer assumes you already have a full set of PBR textures, just to be clear.

If you want to create new PBR materials, you meed some kind of other software (like Blender or Substance Painter) to design your material first (or just download free ones), then put them into the GLTF packer so you can upload them to SL as a ready-to-use material.

thanks wulfie all this advise is very useful cheers 

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 197 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.