rent to others

Nyx Corvinus

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 157 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Hi, I would like to buy half the region, divide it, and rent to other people except one who I would keep for myself. What I would like to know, once purchased, and once divided into several parcels, how do you assign the prims and the tier? do we need to set up a group to maintain ownership of the land? Could someone give me all the necessary details? Thank you.💜

The easiest, most fool-proof way to do it is to set up a separate group for each rental so the parcels are owned by different groups, unique to each tenant. That way the parcel's prim allotment is managed by the land system: when the parcel gets full, that tenant is done rezzing until they tidy up. (Also it prevents one tenant from returning another tenant's stuff, which can happen when the land is all owned by the same group and tenants are given the ability to return stuff set to that group. Or just don't give tenants that permission, but then when they rez or encroach on parcels intended for another tenant, that other tenant can't remove it without help.)

Most big-time landlords don't use such per-rental groups, though, because it's not scalable: uses up a group slot for each rental. Instead, you can manually count prims or use a script (based on llGetParcelPrimCount, llGetParcelMaxPrims, and probably llGetParcelPrimOwners) that sends tenants annoying messages as they approach and exceed their prim limits, and alert the landlord to the grim task of returning stuff to make sure other tenants can use all the capacity their rent is buying.

Paying tier requires some kind of rental box. CasperLet is popular; for my few tenants I just use a homegrown script. There are probably free open source rental scripts around, too; they don't need to be very complicated.

However you do it, you end up with a bunch of L$s in rent payments and if you want to use that towards paying your tier you'll need to play the LindeX to turn it into US$s.

• Like 1

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 157 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.