Viewer Keeps Crashing

SoniaStrummFan

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 161 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Hello. I recently bought an ASUS Vivobook laptop, and every time I try to play Second Life, the viewer loads, but then closes abruptly after a few seconds. My laptop runs the most recent Windows 11 software. I’ve tried freeing up RAM, I’ve tried updating my graphics driver, I tried downloading the most recent SL viewer, I’ve made sure that my laptop meets all of the system requirements, yet this keeps happening. Does anyone have any ideas of what might be causing this? 

There seem to be quite a range of laptops in the Vivobook line, but by spec they all seem quite capable of at least running SL, so there must be some configuration problem. I'm not the right person to really debug this (and it may come down to filing a Support ticket for some help from the Lindens). Others may be able to help better with a little more information, like the contents of Help / About Second Life, with its handy "Copy to Clipboard" info you could paste into a new post here.

You might also get some clues by snooping around inside the logfile, usually in your home directory's AppData\Roaming\SecondLife\Logs\SecondLife.log (where the AppData is typically "hidden" in File Explorer). It's very big and very verbose, so it's only for those with high tolerance of programs so fussy they must need a nap.

Also, if you haven't already, I'd try to install another, non-Linden viewer, just to see if it fails the same way. It almost certainly will, but it would narrow the problem space a lot if another viewer works.

• Thanks 1

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 161 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.