Clothing Texture makers please take note

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 234 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

I make clothing in SL and I want to fully support the SL economy and I have for the 18 years I have been in SL.  So I buy clothing textures from texture creators in SL to use in my projects.  The problem is and always has been is that textures for things like Christmas and Halloween etc.  special events like that generally come out way too late for me to use.  I work a month or more in advance so I can get all my projects for fairs and expos, and special events done in time.   So that means I need new textures at least a month before the events happen.  For instance I have finished all my outfits and items for October by end of Sept.  which means I needed the Halloween textures in late August or September to be of any use to me.  Yet now I see Halloween textures out all over the place when I have no need for them now.  

My suggestion is this;  in anticipation of people needing your textures for special things I wonder could we maybe get the textures early enough to be of use?  I am working on Christma items now and I have only seen one texture creator offer anything useful yet.  Trust me December is too late to be putting out textures for clothing.  And no in this situation I do not think it is rushing the season at all.  It would simply help others prepare for what they do.  And eliminate the possible loss of sales because folks no longer need the textures once they have finished their projects.  

Just a thought.  I hope it is helpful.

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, BookishMelinoe said:

My solution to this is to basically be a year behind. 😂 I made my Halloween stuff mostly with textures I got last fall, now I'm making Christmas stuff with textures I got last winter. 

lol ok but as for me at my age I dunno if I am gonna still be around next year!!  I have to work in the here and now just in case.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 234 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.