This FPS thing, Graphics Card?

Mayalily

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4779 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

I'm searching through my threads and can't find the one that tells you how to check something that I think is called FPS to see what your graphics card is doing, or something like that.

Anyone have any idea what I'm talking about and/or how to check that again.  I need the steps again on how to do this. 

Any help is greatly appreciated. 

FPS is Frames Per Second and is basically how fast or slow your computer is refreshing images.  A higher FPS is better than a lower FPS.  Your client (your computer) will have an FPS that is different from the server (sim) you are on.  Many times, the sim FPS is higher than your client FPS.  In order to see the FPS, you would press CTL-SHIFT-1 and a display will show on your screen.  To remove the display, press CTL-SHIFT-1 again.

Mayalily wrote:

Thanks Venus!  I need to start keeping a notebook. 

Lol... I laugh because I used to have to keep one myself. I still have it around but don't need to use it much anymore except to update my shape numbers when I change them... which reminds me I never did do that after the last time I played with my shape (I almost wrote "played with myself"... that wouldn't have been good... lol.). Thanks for reminding me.

...Dres

Oh, that's a good idea too, to write down the shape numbers.  Brilliant!  I wish I had thought of a notebook before.  Some people could use a clip board, but my computer doesn't like me having multiple windows open when I'm on SL.  I'm afraid my specs are under par for what is needed to run SL.  So a clipboard wouldn't work for me, but may for others. 

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4779 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.