Need some help

Shiera Kealoha

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 245 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

So I bought the Alain head and the Jake body, and I'm trying to set it all up but I'm coming across some issues. I used to have a BoM tutorial that was very helpful and simple that I used to follow, but it doesn't seem to exist anymore. So, I am trying to follow this tutorial. However, at about 3 minutes in, there's no explanation on how the head is completely white and I don't know how to make it white so that I can properly put the skin on the head. I don't mess around with BoM much so I kind of suck at this. Any help would be appreciated. 😪

Edited by Lunaea Lovely
  • Like 1

The body skin and head skin will usually be 2 separate skins if you're using BOM on both the body and head. If you don't use BOM, you can of course use the skins included in the body and head HUDs too. 

1. Be sure you have good matching body and head skins. The easiest way is to buy them both from the same store, though many skin stores now make head skins to match Not Found or Velour body skins. You can get some free head skins just before Christmas and discounted ones on weekend sales.

2. Wear the body skin first, then Add the head skin. (I'm assuming the body skin will be on the system Skin layer and the head will be on a Tatoo layer.) Then Add the EvoX ear skin, which will come with the head skin or be with your head, and will be on a Universal Tattoo layer.

3. If it still looks weird, check that both your head and body are set to BOM and that the only alpha layer you're wearing might be for your eyes or clothing.

- The head shows white in the video because the body skin doesn't have the face painted on. It doesn't need to be white in order to add the skin. I think Boston is just showing to Wear the body skin before Adding the head skin.

Edited by Persephone Emerald
  • Thanks 2

1 hour ago, Persephone Emerald said:

The body skin and head skin will usually be 2 separate skins if you're using BOM on both the body and head. If you don't use BOM, you can of course use the skins included in the body and head HUDs too. 

1. Be sure you have good matching body and head skins. The easiest way is to buy them both from the same store, though many skin stores now make head skins to match Not Found or Velour body skins. You can get some free head skins just before Christmas and discounted ones on weekend sales.

2. Wear the body skin first, then Add the head skin. (I'm assuming the body skin will be on the system Skin layer and the head will be on a Tatoo layer.) Then Add the EvoX ear skin, which will come with the head skin or be with your head, and will be on a Universal Tattoo layer.

3. If it still looks weird, check that both your head and body are set to BOM and that the only alpha layer you're wearing might be for your eyes or clothing.

- The head shows white in the video because the body skin doesn't have the face painted on. It doesn't need to be white in order to add the skin. I think Boston is just showing to Wear the body skin before Adding the head skin.

The only thing I seem to be having an issue with now is changing to EVOX and applying Bakes on Mesh with the head. I click the Bakes on Mesh button and the eyes  disappear. I click EvoX and the skin for the head completely messes up.

• Like 1

There is a button on the head HUD on the Eye tab to turn [Bakes on Mesh] off or on. This only applies to the eyes, and both ways you need to wear the eyes that come with the head (or other mesh eyes). When this button is on, don't wear an alpha to make your eyes invisible. When it's on, your eyes will show your system Eye texture. When it's off, do wear an alpha layer to hide your system eyes. Then you can use the eye textures in the head HUD or a HUD for other applier eyes.

The head itself will always look messed up if you're wearing the wrong kind of skin for the [Evo] or [EvoX] button you have enabled. For EvoX skin you need to click the [EvoX] button.  For any SLUV based skin (such as for an older Lelutka or a Genus based skin) you need to click the [Evo] button.

Bakes on Mesh is enabled automatically on the Lelutka heads, except for the eyes. The makeup and eyebrows can also use either BOM layers or applier layers. In those cases, use the [Clear] button to remove previous applier makeup. You can use both applier and BOM makeup and brows, if you want, which is nice for layering makeup and head tattoos, but is not a great idea with eyebrows.

Edited by Persephone Emerald
  • Thanks 1

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 245 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.