Phoenix 908

shaun Mosswood

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4690 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

Hi, I went back to Phoenix 908 as I found the two further updates a bit buggy but now I am seeing "ruthed" avatars!

There may be 2 out of around 15 av's that are ruthed at any one time and sometimes these av's, maybe an hour previous, looked perfectly ok ?  I have been told this is a bug with the Phoenix viewer so can anyone shed more light on this for me .

2 answers to this question

It was to do with avatar physics. Older viewer versions (in case of Phoenix prior 1102) do not parse avatar parameter data correctly if another resident uses a viewer with avatar physics. In fact they stop processing the incoming data instead of skipping unknown parameter, thus resulting in partly loaded shapes.

• Like 1

This may be related to the use of avatar physics. I suspect those few that you see Ruthed are wearing them.

From Phoenix Wiki:

I've heard others on Viewers that don't support Avatar Physics will see me as Ruthed, is this true? This is possible. Please see VWR-25479 on the LL JIRA for details on this issue. There can be no 100% fix for this as its an inherent incompatibility between LL's Avatar Physics code and older V1 based viewers. LL refuse to fix this issue server-side, since SL 1.23 and Snowglobe are the only viewers unable to be fixed to work around this issue. All other Third Party Viewers can be patched to eliminate this “bug”. No Viewer 2 based Viewer will see you as Ruthed. Other users on Phoenix 1102 wont see you as Ruthed. Singularity Viewer already has Avatar Physics added, so you will look correct to users of this Viewer. Its expected that Imprudence, Ascent and the other TPV's will be updating shortly. If your friends tell you that you look Ruthed to them, they will need to update their Viewer.

• Like 1

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4690 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.