My SL account is registered on the age of 14, yet I have been blocked and can't log in.

SqueakyShoes

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4691 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

I have my account registered on the age of 14, and have been blocked from logging in with 'Login failed. Second Life cannot be accessed by this computer.'  I checked the reasons why I could of been blocked. I haven't committed fraud, I'm not a minor, (As it says Minors are regaurded as people of the age of 12 and under.) And I haven't committed large acts of swearing, etc etc.

However I read something about being between the age of 13 and 16 requires being a apart of some Teen group, but I don't know anything more than that. Does anyone have any help?

2 answers to this question

You should have received an email from Second Life explaining why your Account cannot access SL. The email is sent to the email address you provided when you first joined SL.

The Block/ban could be an error.

If you cannot find an email associated with the hold on the account, contact Second Life support, (I cannot access my account).

(i) Users 13 to 15. If you are at least 13 years of age but less than 16 years of age, you may only use the Service if you are affiliated with a Sponsoring Organization, and your Account in Second Life is referred to as an “Affiliated Account.” A “Sponsoring Organization” means a User Organization (as defined in Section 2.4 below) that (i) maintains on the Service a “Teen Estate,” which is Virtual Land and Content that is appropriate for users between 13 and 16 and complies with the General Maturity Rating; (ii) has been approved by Linden Lab, in our sole discretion, to register Affiliated Accounts using our "Registration API" tool; (iii) limits the access of all Affiliated Accounts of users between 13 and 16 to the Sponsoring Organization’s Teen Estate; and (iv) requires all visitors to the Teen Estate to comply with the General Maturity Rating and any other rules that the Sponsoring Organization may impose as long as they are consistent with this Agreement. By accepting this Agreement in connection with an Affiliated Account, you represent that in addition to the representations of section 2.1, you are at least 13 years of age and less than 16 years of age, you agree that you will at all times comply with your Sponsoring Organization’s rules for the Teen Estate, and you acknowledge that you are only permitted to access your Sponsoring Organization’s Teen Estate and no other areas of the Service.

http://secondlife.com/corporate/tos.php#tos2

• Like 1

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4691 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.