SL Avatar size metrics? Resizing DEV Kits?

Adrian Tolwen

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 284 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Small Disclaimer, I am new to meshing/rigging but but I do have intermediate knowledge from playing around it in for a while now. I was successfully able to mesh an outfit from scratch for the Belleza Jake body as well as rigging it, uploading it in world and throwing some zbrush textures on it which turned out pretty nice.

When I applied the same steps for the Legacy M body, everything looked fine up until viewing it inworld. The shirts are extremely TINY like microscopic. Because of this, when I right click and add the shirt it is fully rigged however its stretched out and looks weird because originally it's smaller but when worn it stretches out to the avatar size... Im not sure what is causing this or how to work around it? 

13 hours ago, Adrian Tolwen said:

When I applied the same steps for the Legacy M body, everything looked fine up until viewing it inworld.

The complexities shrouding the so-called "devkit" material fiasco is hiding the reason they exist at all.  Most people just want their stuff to work, it's understandable, and I certainly do encourage this, that it "just work".  However, because of the hidden unknowns many will think that they can grab a "devkit", or its provided DAE/FBX file, and put it into their 3d application and it should just work.  I agree, it should just work, but it doesn't except for a few like Jake, as you've discovered, there are a few others.

I won't get into the complexities because most don't want to know, and I'm confident it'll start a war here and I'll end up wasting more of my time attempting to correct misinformation, so what I'll direct you to do is contact me in-world and I'll tell you everything you ever wanted to know about SL skinned content, and animations if you care, and then some.

I am BinBash Resident .

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

Oh that would be extremely awesome Bin!! Your name is extremely familiar, I may have been watching a few of your videos pertaining bento buddy as well as purchasing a copy for myself 😄 I will forsure message you inworld, thank you so much!!

• Thanks 1

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 284 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.