Missing Inventory - where did it go?

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 325 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Hi Everyone,

I logged into SL using my Firestorm browser this afternoon just like I always do, went to find some clothes to wear in inventory and while all the folders were there the content was all missing. And textures I've accumulated and objects I've paid for are all missing and photo's I've taken and saved are all missing.  We're talking 1,000's of items I can no longer find in my inventory. And they are not in Trash or Lost and Found and I do not have a filter turned on. 

Help, I need help restoring my inventory in SL.  Anybody out there had similar problems and knows how to get the inventory back? I'd appreciate some help here.  

Thanks,

Keeper Baxton

See this page:

https://wiki.firestormviewer.org/fs_missing_inventory

It is OFTEN that tiny missing file thing that you need to copy over (assuming you did all the normal stuff).

HOWEVER inventory DOES get deleted from the database. I have had a couple of dozen times this has happened over the years and it was unrecoverable. Hopefully yours will be an easy fix. Also try using the Linden viewer and see if your items are "really there". In that case there is a remedy and you should find it on that page. Good luck. 

First verify if the inventory shows in other viewer.

Clear cache in your viewer, re-log in a low lag region can be Hippo Hollow as example or any low lag sandbox, open the inventory window, use the search bar inside the inventory, type anything to kick a full inventory refresh. rinse and repeat till it works 

These steps cover all viewers since is the same procedure in all: https://wiki.firestormviewer.org/fs_missing_inventory https://wiki.secondlife.com/wiki/Inventory_loss 

• Thanks 1

I lost an entire folder of pets (companions/wanderers, all of it, including a bunch of irreplaceable gacha pets) last year.  Nothing worked to get it restored, and neither did the LL help desk (I would have gotten a better response if I'd written a letter to Slanta Clause.   I'm still mad about it. 

2 hours ago, Lysistrata Szapira said:

I lost an entire folder of pets (companions/wanderers, all of it, including a bunch of irreplaceable gacha pets) last year.  Nothing worked to get it restored, and neither did the LL help desk (I would have gotten a better response if I'd written a letter to Slanta Clause.   I'm still mad about it. 

My first "real loss" was about fifteen years ago and it was my WHOLE HOME AND GARDEN FOLDER so I hear ya. Back then the mantra was "oh you never actually LOSE anything, it's just a viewer issue". Well that proved to be very wrong over the years.  My latest 'real loss" was the beginning of June this year during that week when many things didn't work.  I lost a lot of inventory as well as part of my display from 2015 which I had REZZED and which was supposed to be in SL20B as "vintage".  Not only did the main part of the exhibit that I had put out for display to have it OKED disappear, the complete build disappeared from my inventory. It was COMPLETELY built by me. 

Along with all that I lost a blogger group that I had been a member of for ten years (that I had rectified but I had NO idea THAT could happen).  The only positive thing that I can say is that is doesn't hurt near as much as that first time.  I have multiple backup of most things but that doesn't seem to help and I have even had items INSIDE my Marketplace folder disappear as well as my logo texture which completely disappeared from EVERYONE'S inventory including event owner's.   

It really STILL is a mystery to me how this stuff happens.  

Hopefully the OP will find their missing items. Fingers crossed.  

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 325 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.