Having My Cake and Eating It Too - Twice

Teresa Firelight

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 301 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

I posted earlier on anther thread that while I thought the ranch homes are very well done and very nice, they were not for me because I am a "by the water" type of gal. I had a nice houseboat on my premium plus account that I did not want to give up.

My friends talked me into upping an alt for one month to try out the ranch homes. She rolled a few that were nice, but not something I would want to pay an extra $250 a year to keep. Then it occurred to me... Premium Plus can request any non-ranch home now (and will be allowed to request the ranch ones soon). I could wait until shortly before LL opened for business, then abandon my houseboat and file a ticket for it on that alt I had upped to Premium Plus for a month.

It was a bit of a nervous 1.5 hours between when I abandoned the houseboat and when they processed my ticket. But fortunately no one landed that houseboat during my wait. And I was able to get it. At the end of the month, the alt will go back down to premium and keep that houseboat that I really like. I didn't have to give it up after all... and now my main Premium Plus account became free to roll for a Ranch home.

Then there was a cute house on Yowza that everyone was trying to get... it has a pond in front and a stream with a waterfall in the back. That was enough water that I could be happy, so I tried for it on my main alt... for 2 days... and was unable to roll it. But on my last roll of the day I landed something that was even better for me! I got a coastal spot!!! There is a small rolling hill between my parcel and the ocean, But I can see the ocean from my house and from my back yard! Woot!!! Perfect for me because I am a water type of gal!

I feel like I was able to have my cake (keeping the houseboat) and eat it too (getting the coastal spot).

BTW someone did finally land that spot we had all be trying for. But I like the one I got better than the one I was trying for and I am very happy :)

• Like 10

9 minutes ago, Teresa Firelight said:

BTW someone did finally land that spot we had all be trying for. But I like the one I got better than the one I was trying for and I am very happy :)

I am happy to hear how that worked out!  How did you know that others had been trying to land that one spot?  All I can think of is by sitting around watching it.....

44 minutes ago, Leora Greenwood said:

I am happy to hear how that worked out!  How did you know that others had been trying to land that one spot?  All I can think of is by sitting around watching it.....

That and a bunch of my friends IMed me with the slurl and told me they had been trying for it and were unable to land it and wished me good luck

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 301 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.