How can I know where could I purchase the furry avatar I have found is my SL persona?

Shindaya

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 466 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Hello my friends!

This is my first message in community forums. I hope to be writing in the right place.

When I first saw the female furry in the video on the official SecondLife website page, in that marvelous scene at the very beginning in the "Monarch Education Project" sim, I knew right away that I had found my SL persona. I wanted to be an avatar exactly like that (even, if possible, with that beautiful and charming outfit, in my RL style, but that will come after, lol).

But, seriously, the problem is that I have been trying to find out inworld what furry avatar she is (the model's name) and where to buy it and no one has been able to tell me. So please, I am hopelessly requesting your kind help to identify that"complete body avatar", the exact one, in order to be able to make it my forever person here in SL

So... thank you all so much in advance for your kind help.

Yours,
Shindaya 💋

SLfurry.PNG

• Like 2

6 hours ago, Shindaya said:

Hello my friends!

This is my first message in community forums. I hope to be writing in the right place.

When I first saw the female furry in the video on the official SecondLife website page, in that marvelous scene at the very beginning in the "Monarch Education Project" sim, I knew right away that I had found my SL persona. I wanted to be an avatar exactly like that (even, if possible, with that beautiful and charming outfit, in my RL style, but that will come after, lol).

But, seriously, the problem is that I have been trying to find out inworld what furry avatar she is (the model's name) and where to buy it and no one has been able to tell me. So please, I am hopelessly requesting your kind help to identify that"complete body avatar", the exact one, in order to be able to make it my forever person here in SL

So... thank you all so much in advance for your kind help.

Yours,
Shindaya 💋

SLfurry.PNG

Have you tried here? Marketplace?

Furry avatars are rarely/almost never sold as complete avatars nowadays. You need to buy all the separate parts and combine them. 

What you need to do first is find the skin kit that you like first. (thats the Chihuahua one that Silent linked to above). Read the description in the Marketplace - this will tell you what is already included (skin, and appliers or textures for certain other parts). Some of them come with tail and/or ears included, but this particular one doesn't.

Read the description to see which head, tail, ears and feet you need to buy. 

Body is not specified, but you can check what bodies will fit the specified feet. In this case it's the Apricot Paws feety peets, which have sizes for almost every body in SL, so you can use any of those. I mainly use Maitreya and Reborn but I have a few others as well. Be careful with any skin that says its for Kemono or Regalia bodis. Those use their own proprietary skin map so a skin made for Regalia or Kemono won't work with anything else.

The instructions with your skin kit will explain how to add the textures to your tail, head, ears etc. Sometimes there are appliers, more often you just drag the head/whatever onto the ground and add the texture using the Edit menu.

One additional thing you'll need which isn't usually mentioned, is a neck extender, to fit the furry head onto the human body, otherwise there will be a gap. This is free from Apricot Paws. https://marketplace.secondlife.com/p/Apricot-Paws-SLUV-Neck-ExtenderFix-Freebie/14958878. It's BOM so just wear it with the skin and the skin will automatically apply to it.

It sounds like a lot of buying but aside from the body, other furry parts are usually fairly inexpensive, you have there a skin for L$500 and a head for L$200 whereas if you were putting together a human avatar you'd typically pay around L$1000 for the skin and L$5000 for the head. My furry avatar cost about L$1400 (not including the body), mainly because the skin and head I chose were a bit more expensive than yours. Yours will come to around L$1000-L$1100.

52074026519_f6dd4b0d33_b.jpg

Edited by Maitimo
  • Thanks 2

8 hours ago, SpiritSparrow Skydancer said:

Have you tried here? Marketplace?

Yes. That's where I have spent the most time searching and the first site I looked at, before trying to search inword. My apologies for not mentioning it in my previous message.
The problem is that there are some models that look a bit similar, but are not exactly the same, as I want them to be.

For example, I didn't find any that had those huge eyes in proportion to the rest of the face and head, nor did they have that exact type and size of ears/nose.

That's why I finally opted to ask the experts on the SL forums.

Yours,
Shindaya 💋

8 hours ago, SilenzZzz Mistwalker said:

Oh my God! It's her! She is my avatar, my SL persona, the one I was looking for!

You are going to laugh, but tears of happiness have come to my eyes!

Thank you very, very, very much!!!, really. You can not imagine how happy you've made me!!!!

Eternally grateful!

Yours,
Shindaya 💋

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

4 hours ago, Maitimo said:

Furry avatars are rarely/almost never sold as complete avatars nowadays. You need to buy all the separate parts and combine them. 

What you need to do first is find the skin kit that you like first. (thats the Chihuahua one that Silent linked to above). Read the description in the Marketplace - this will tell you what is already included (skin, and appliers or textures for certain other parts). Some of them come with tail and/or ears included, but this particular one doesn't.

Read the description to see which head, tail, ears and feet you need to buy. 

Body is not specified, but you can check what bodies will fit the specified feet. In this case it's the Apricot Paws feety peets, which have sizes for almost every body in SL, so you can use any of those. I mainly use Maitreya and Reborn but I have a few others as well. Be careful with any skin that says its for Kemono or Regalia bodis. Those use their own proprietary skin map so a skin made for Regalia or Kemono won't work with anything else.

The instructions with your skin kit will explain how to add the textures to your tail, head, ears etc. Sometimes there are appliers, more often you just drag the head/whatever onto the ground and add the texture using the Edit menu.

One additional thing you'll need which isn't usually mentioned, is a neck extender, to fit the furry head onto the human body, otherwise there will be a gap. This is free from Apricot Paws. https://marketplace.secondlife.com/p/Apricot-Paws-SLUV-Neck-ExtenderFix-Freebie/14958878. It's BOM so just wear it with the skin and the skin will automatically apply to it.

It sounds like a lot of buying but aside from the body, other furry parts are usually fairly inexpensive, you have there a skin for L$500 and a head for L$200 whereas if you were putting together a human avatar you'd typically pay around L$1000 for the skin and L$5000 for the head. My furry avatar cost about L$1400 (not including the body), mainly because the skin and head I chose were a bit more expensive than yours. Yours will come to around L$1000-L$1100.

52074026519_f6dd4b0d33_b.jpg

Thank you very much for such detailed instructions. I am sure I will need them. I will review them carefully.

You are all a love!

Yours,
Shindaya 💋

There is an odd paradox where Furry Avatar parts tend to be more inexpensive than human Heads but be better optimized and for the most part offer Feature parody with their human counterparts. Example the head on my best looking avatar was less than 1,000L has strong slider response full set of animations including multiple styles of blinks with a Secondary Eyelid as well Multiple Antenna animation styles Mouth + Mandlble animations etc   I have more linden Dollars on any given outfit she has on Than I do on the rest of the avi. 

fc74243ec5c60f428d4fd133f63e2cfe.jpg.a469aa8c90d5e2454779b6df7b13c5c0.jpg

Edited by Linnea Evergarden
  • Like 2

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 466 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.