seamless animated textures across meshes?

AnnabelleApocalypse

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 304 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

Hello SL hive-mind. I am trying to create some tileable animated water but keep running into an issue. I know my meshes tile correctly when the texture is not animated (this issue is easily repeatable just by using a basic plane with default unwrapping). But when I add my script, duplicate the object and align the new object with the old one, it creates a seam. 

If the texture is seamless, the meshes are setup correctly and the scrolling speed of the scripts are the same.......what is the issue I am missing here?

Its difficult to screenshot but I have done my best. Its very noticeable as the texture scrolls along. Any suggestions welcome, its driving me nuts :) Thanks!

image.thumb.png.ad08f81bb3d3ea7fe9905d00ba5fc77a.png

Edited by AnnabelleApocalypse

1 answer to this question

Not sure why you'd use mesh for just a flat plane when cube prims work perfectly well. Check that both the x and y scale are set to 1 in the script?

{   state_entry()
    {
        llSetLinkTextureAnim(LINK_SET,ANIM_ON|LOOP|SMOOTH,0,
            1, 1, // these must both be one or you will get a seam. 
            0.0, 1.0, 0.5
        );     
    }
}

Also check that the mapping mode on the relevant faces is "Default" not "Planar".

Rotation of the texture on all faces must also be 0 (or a multiple of 90 degrees)

Also the start time needs to be synchronized. try linking them together and using a single script. (potentially unlinking afterwards.)

Edited by Quistess Alpha

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 304 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.