Kinda new looking for friends

Jessecoco

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 308 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Ay all, I'm sorta new to SL (tried a few years back and just couldn't fit in; Or so I thought). I would love to join an active group or something of that nature. I can be a jokester when I feel like I fit in, but it can take me a bit of time to feel that way. I need some help big time with my avatar haha, man I feel old saying that. I would love to meet people and just be able to seamlessly fit right into that missing part of the group but I don't think that's gonna happen (My pessimistic side showing) but lemme know how to go about this, please. This is me asking for help. Help a brotha out.

Would 100% be up for any kind of roleplay (don't know what else SL has to offer tbh) but let me know where to look/go.

Edited by Jessecoco
  • Like 2

21 hours ago, Jessecoco said:

Ay all, I'm sorta new to SL (tried a few years back and just couldn't fit in; Or so I thought). I would love to join an active group or something of that nature. I can be a jokester when I feel like I fit in, but it can take me a bit of time to feel that way. I need some help big time with my avatar haha, man I feel old saying that. I would love to meet people and just be able to seamlessly fit right into that missing part of the group but I don't think that's gonna happen (My pessimistic side showing) but lemme know how to go about this, please. This is me asking for help. Help a brotha out.

Would 100% be up for any kind of roleplay (don't know what else SL has to offer tbh) but let me know where to look/go.

It's the birthday event right now (until 11th July). Some of the exhibits are for communities, clubs, other events and things like that. So you can go around and get information about them and join some groups. Most people I've met have been because I just went out and did stuff, had fun, and randomly met people in the process.

This is the welcome area if you just want to start wandering (the exhibit regions are the ones laid out in a grid):

http://maps.secondlife.com/secondlife/SLB Magnificent/128/115/24

This is the post with details about the exhibits, if you want to glance over it and pick something that sounds likely:

https://community.secondlife.com/blogs/entry/13614-sl20b-exhibitor-showcase/

• Like 1

On 6/25/2023 at 5:59 PM, Jessecoco said:

Theres many options for roleplay. You can get involved with an MC group and get a good bike free through midnight mania board at one of the bike shops. You could go supernatural type RP and be a vampire, werewolf etc on Bloodlines or progeny. You could go fantasy RP. Many options man but feel free to add me in game and I'll do my.best to help you out. LegionXCIV is my in-game name

• 2 weeks later...

It's best to get a presentable avatar before joining RP. RP group members will help to some extent because they want you to stay, and the way you write, you sound like an easygoing fun person any RP group would love to have. I'll tell you from experience it's really hard to walk someone through the step by steps to create a personalized avatar, it takes hours with a private tutor, but there are many inworld groups willing to help you out. They like doing it as a friend. Here's a thread listing the groups and you could google "second life noob help groups" for youtube videos. Everybody has to start somewhere, so go ahead and start. Enjoy and good luck

On 7/8/2023 at 8:23 PM, cirleen said:

It's best to get a presentable avatar before joining RP. RP group members will help to some extent because they want you to stay, and the way you write, you sound like an easygoing fun person any RP group would love to have. I'll tell you from experience it's really hard to walk someone through the step by steps to create a personalized avatar, it takes hours with a private tutor, but there are many inworld groups willing to help you out. They like doing it as a friend. Here's a thread listing the groups and you could google "second life noob help groups" for youtube videos. Everybody has to start somewhere, so go ahead and start. Enjoy and good luck

I need to learn how to sign up with said private tutor. 

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 308 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.