Song Titles and artist not playing on new land

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 352 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Looking at the online documentation for these things, I wonder if this refers to this feature:

Song Announcements in local Chat

Default this function is turned off. Touch the Receiver for the menu, choose [Options] and then [Announce] to change it to another setting. Whisper is 10 meter range, Say is 20 meter range and Shout is 100 meter range.

Use this function with great care. Not everyone is charmed with text in chat, specially not your neighbour when the range reaches their parcel.

If that's the feature and it's really just using local chat, there's nothing about the land settings that can affect it (at least not within a region[*]). But that would also appear for everybody, not just you and the DJs, so maybe at your old place you'd been using the "Group notifications and interaction" feature that requires a SmartBot to relay messages to a group? 

Or maybe there are other features not documented at that website. It would seem such devices would offer an API, but I don't see one mentioned; if another script could get the data, it could send the announcements any way it wanted, perhaps only to specific individual like logged-in DJs or whomever.

I can imagine a script that listens to messages in the whisper range and relays them to specific individuals outside that range, but I think you'd know if that was happening at the old place.

Edited by Qie Niangao
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 352 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.