Mesh Deforms in upload preview when include skinweights are on

Uldron

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 403 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Im ripping my hair out trying to figure this out. Hopefully someone can help. 

Im using blender 3.4 and avastar 3.1 

I made my clothing mesh in marvelous designer, then imported to blender. Im using the Meshbody Classic dev kit. I bind to armature, set limits to 4, normalize all and add scale and rotation. Ontop of that I delete the unused vertexes because it wont allow skin weights on the SL uploader if not,. When I do upload it the preview is Deformed the shoulder are all twisted and the bottom of the dress is crumpled. it was fine in blender but not in SL. I tried uploading it just to see it inworld and it looks deformed on the avatar. 

I had someone take a look and it had been rotated the wrong way and they suggested to rotate it toward -y. which I did and still the deformation happens. I even tried weight painting to smooth it all and it still crumpled. 

Help

bottom of dress.png

Shoulders.png

dress.png

Edited by Uldron

It looks like the bottom part of the dress is too long for the body, hence why it is crumpling. You could try to shorten the dress, or try using the developers kit for the bodies like (Matraya, Belleza) If that does not help, This video helped me years ago when I was working on clothes. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LAg3OZxQvik I use Maya, but Blender has the same attributes. Hope it helps.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 403 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.