Anim Exporter

NiranV Dean

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 375 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

11 hours ago, Margot LaSalle said:

First of all, thank you for creating such a great tool.

Second, I must be doing something wrong because when I'm in creation mode and import an .anim that I had previously created in BD and exported, my avatar gets wrapped up and looks like a box, so I have no way of editing that pose.

If I go in Live Editing Mode and click that imported .anim, it works. But then I can't save any modifications as a new .anim.

Is there any way to create a library of my poses so I can modify them in the future and create new poses that can be exported?

Odd. But whatever that is should be fixed in the 4.3.1 Beta. You should give it a try.

Note that 4.3.0 exports poses with all bones and transforms active, this means it will essentially make an exact copy of your avatar, including shape, you cannot use your poses on any other avatar or it will deform. (also fixed in 4.3.1 Beta). 

4.3.1 Beta also allows exporting entire animations, creating/adding/removing keyframes and importing full animations too.

What do you mean with a "library", what is it supposed to do? Any .anim that was exported at some point can be reimported and exported again, so .anims you create are technically your library.

• Thanks 1

10 hours ago, NiranV Dean said:

Odd. But whatever that is should be fixed in the 4.3.1 Beta. You should give it a try.

Note that 4.3.0 exports poses with all bones and transforms active, this means it will essentially make an exact copy of your avatar, including shape, you cannot use your poses on any other avatar or it will deform. (also fixed in 4.3.1 Beta). 

4.3.1 Beta also allows exporting entire animations, creating/adding/removing keyframes and importing full animations too.

What do you mean with a "library", what is it supposed to do? Any .anim that was exported at some point can be reimported and exported again, so .anims you create are technically your library.

Thank you for your prompt reply. :)

Is there any place that I could download the Beta version from? The features that you mentioned are just great.

By library I mean something like the list of poses that appear when we are in Live Editing Mode (LEM) and that we have previously saved as .XMLs. While in LEM, we can go through all the poses and make modifications. If we could do the same in Creation Mode, it would be great because we could save the new modified pose as a new .anim.

cfd0135e4bb5248c6a07fdb11b3d5c10.png

I also send two photos of my normal avatar and then how it looks when I'm in BD Poser and import the .anim that I had previously created, so that you get an idea of the sort of deformation I am talking about.

0704d7e67ec1ca6563ce06f14937860d.png d44396e41fa4f11a83f69585961251ac.png

(English is not my first language so I may not be very clear in my explanations. Please let me know).

Beta 3 (previous) can be found here: https://drive.google.com/file/d/1iev3n_lT9GGKM-jKMZiP7ZPWW6khaP5U/view?usp=share_link
Beta 4 (just released) can be found here: https://drive.google.com/file/d/1pIlYMrpt39U6lyZgu08WWUGMKnBrnw2t/view?usp=share_link

Generally speaking these Betas can be found in the Discord server where they are posted before any official release they are meant for testing to gather some feedback and bugreports.

• Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, NiranV Dean said:

Beta 3 (previous) can be found here: https://drive.google.com/file/d/1iev3n_lT9GGKM-jKMZiP7ZPWW6khaP5U/view?usp=share_link
Beta 4 (just released) can be found here: https://drive.google.com/file/d/1pIlYMrpt39U6lyZgu08WWUGMKnBrnw2t/view?usp=share_link

Generally speaking these Betas can be found in the Discord server where they are posted before any official release they are meant for testing to gather some feedback and bugreports.

Thank you! 

• 3 weeks later...
On 3/9/2023 at 12:34 PM, NiranV Dean said:

Exactly.

It will export as .anim file, can import said .anim files and will feature a whole host of other changes and improvements.

Great feature, thanks! should open up creating animations to a wider audience.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 375 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.