Getting a Clean View With No HUDS.

Bagnu

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 490 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

In Firestorm I can hide the UI with Ctrl+Alt+F1, and most HUDS with Shift+Alt+H, but I can't hide any RLV locked HUDS or my AO HUD. Is there a way of doing that without turning RLV off?  Our cameras do a good job of that for stills, but they don't record video, which is what I want to do.Does anyone have any idea?

The obvious "solution" would be to move your huds off-screen, say, by adding or subtracting 1.5 or so (after testing, the largest allowed offset for me is something like +/- 2.85, so if you want to remember what it was previously, try and keep the result lower than that but absolute value greater than 1) to the y component of their position. To get them back, you would have to right-click edit from inventory.

Edited by Quistess Alpha
  • Like 1

I can move my HUD's, by editing them, and using the arrows. That would possibly work when the shot is preplanned. But not for "on the fly" recording. We can do that with stills, so I don't see how there can't be an option to get a clean screen.

22 minutes ago, Bagnu said:

I don't see how there can't be an option to get a clean screen.

Oh, looking at the debug settings for HUDs, "HUDScaleFactor" set to 2.0 (or some arbitrarily high number) effectively removes all HUDs. Enable advanced and debug options if you haven't, then Advanced-> Show debug settings -> search for "HUD"

Edited by Quistess Alpha
  • Thanks 2

19 minutes ago, Quistess Alpha said:

Oh, looking at the debug settings for HUDs, "HUDScaleFactor" set to 2.0 (or some arbitrarily high number) effectively removes all HUDs. Enable advanced and debug options if you haven't, then Advanced-> Show debug settings -> search for "HUD"

Thanks!! I'll try it, and set it up as a macro, so I can do it with one keystroke. Then of course, another macro to revert to normal.

Edited by Bagnu

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 490 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.