Can I transfer realm crystals to another without converting them to lindens?

DromoMania

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 473 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

Several years ago I was able to donate lindens to a charity.  But the rules have changed and now I must make create an account and make a purchase before doing so.   I play Linden Realms for the fun of it.  I have no interest in opening an account to cash in the crystals that I gather.  I have no interest in the crystals themselves.  I simply wish to play the game.   Is there a way I can give my crystals away to somebody without first having to exchange them for lindens?  Perhaps there's a method where I can drop them and somebody else can pick them up?   Thanks for any advice.

• Like 1

2 answers to this question

• Moles
8 hours ago, DromoMania said:

Is there a way I can give my crystals away to somebody without first having to exchange them for lindens? 

No, there isn't. Your crystals are simply a number that is saved in a database in Linden Realms. That number has no meaning anywhere except at the payout  pads in Tyrah's Workshop, where it is translated into L$ and credited to your SL account. There's no way to transfer crystals to another person except by using the payout pads to redeem them and then sending L$ to the other person.

1 hour ago, Dyna Mole said:

No, there isn't. Your crystals are simply a number that is saved in a database in Linden Realms. That number has no meaning anywhere except at the payout  pads in Tyrah's Workshop, where it is translated into L$ and credited to your SL account. There's no way to transfer crystals to another person except by using the payout pads to redeem them and then sending L$ to the other person.

That's what I was afraid of.  I have gathered a few hundred thousand crystals which would be nice to put into the Linden world for others to use.  I'll just keep using those numbers as a type of scoring for my play.  Thanks for taking the time to clear things up for me.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 473 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.