Help, ......I cannot log into SL for a week now

alob1488304112

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4701 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

I tried everything to log into SL and have not, I will get in and then SL would log me out. I know its not my computer because my daughter have signed to SL and its working ok............Please help me, I have over 7 thousand Lindens and I dont want to lose it.............................'What can I do??????????????????????????

5 answers to this question

i am a little confused. can you log in or not? if you can't log in at all, do you get any error message and what does it say?

if you can log in but crash - at what point do you crash and do you get any messages then?

give us your system specs and what kind of connection do you have?

this doesn't belong in the abuse and griefing section, you might have better response possibly under technical. thread might be moved.

add info/comments to your post by using options > edit.

alob wrote:

I tried everything to log into SL and have not, I will get in and then SL would log me out. I know its not my computer because my daughter have signed to SL and its working ok............Please help me, I have over 7 thousand Lindens and I dont want to lose it.............................'What can I do??????????????????????????

Welcome to Second Life Answers, alob.  As your daughter has no problems logging into Second Life, but you do, and you are crashing almost immediately you log into SL, it suggests you need to clear your cache. You won't lose your Linden's, don't worry. This is a very common issue. No need to panic :matte-motes-smile:

Bring up your log in screen BUT DON'T LOG IN YET. Instead, go to the top of the screen, click on "me", then  "preferences", "network & folders", and click the "clear cache" button. OK that, then still do not log in. Instead, click the cross in the top right hand corner and go and do something else for 20 minutes. When you try to log in next time, change your login start location to Furball (it is an empty Governor Linden owned sim, and your inventory should load very quickly there).

Please let us know how you get along with this. You can edit your message by clicking the options button top right of your post and adding further information to your original post, or you can click "permalink" at the bottom of any of the posts to add comments.

Thank you for getting back to me so soon, I have tried what you said and this is the problem, I will get into SL and it looks like its working but after a few second it will give me this message:- Darn you have been logged out of second life. This This region may be experiencing trouble, please check your connection to the internet. I logged in with Furball and it said I do not have permission. I don't know what else to do. Sorry I had to come this way, but I put a post from last week and i have not heard nothing.

Thank you for getting back to me so soon, I have tried what you said and this is the problem, I will get into SL and it looks like its working but after a few second it will give me this message:- Darn you have been logged out of second life. This This region may be experiencing trouble, please check your connection to the internet. I logged in with Furball and it said I do not have permission. I don't know what else to do. Sorry I had to come this way, but I put a post from last week and i have not heard nothing.

OK, alob/jennysum, I have now read the comments you left for me under my post in this thread.

I see there were answers on the previous post you made. The one from Peewee made most sense to me
http://community.secondlife.com/t5/Technical/Is-Sl-having-problem-I-cannot-log-in-for-a-while-now-so-I-would/qaq-p/924673

You've said here in your original post that your daughter CAN log in to Second Life on the same computer, but you cannot? That would suggest something other than your connection is wrong. Maybe.

But - please add your computer specifications to this post. Graphics type, RAM, everything. Are you using a wired, or wireless connection? What type of router are you using? 

There are many things that can cause your log in to fail.  There is also more information over on this Knowledge Base article http://community.secondlife.com/t5/English-Knowledge-Base/Login-failure/ta-p/700109 BUT you tell us you CAN log in, and then you get logged out almost immediately.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4701 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.