Is abandoned land purchasing available over the holidays?

SinopaKoko

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 522 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

I can't seem to find if some things are unavailable right now. I put in a ticket to buy some abandoned land. When I did that before, it was a matter of hours (kinda took me by surprise), but now it's been a few days. I'm just wondering if I can expect to need to wait til after the new year.. That's fine, but I'd get a weekly rental if that's the case.

It can often take a few days or more. As far as I can tell, they seem to do them in batches, so it just depends when you put your request in. It sounds as if you were lucky last time and you requested yours when they were already part way through doing a load of them. I think support close for a day or two but it won't make that much difference, so I think you'll almost certainly get it before new year

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Oh thank you! Yah it was crazy fast before, so it had me wondering now. I 've been gone a couple years but had an itch to get back into breedables, and have an odd sized land allocation because of group contributions. Just need a spot in the middle of nowhere to put down mah horses. Thanks for letting me know the normal pacing.

3 hours ago, SinopaKoko said:

I can't seem to find if some things are unavailable right now. I put in a ticket to buy some abandoned land. When I did that before, it was a matter of hours (kinda took me by surprise), but now it's been a few days. I'm just wondering if I can expect to need to wait til after the new year.. That's fine, but I'd get a weekly rental if that's the case.

I never waited more than 24 to get a parcel I claimed.

SL is a multi million RL company. There are no delays due to "holidays"
Someone who is aksing to pay for something and they dont get a respond, they simply call back and ask.

To do that in SL we use live chat.
Here the links needed:

Live Chat (Premium accounts only): https://support.secondlife.com/start-chat/
Support ticket (premium & basic accounts): https://support.secondlife.com/create-case/

With kind regards,
beethros Karas

9 hours ago, Katherine Heartsong said:

I've had waits of between 2 days and 5 days. I currently have a request in for two 1024 parcels adjacent to my land in Bjorn, put in yesterday. I'll report when I have been given access to buy them.

Lucky You!...

When I go to a restaurant and the stake takes too long, its obvious there is som. wrong and I immediately call the waiter! I am not waiting 2 to 5 days...
Thats why we pay our beautiful dollars and thats why we are called Customers and we got that tttle tag: Customer is always right!

13 hours ago, SinopaKoko said:

Oh thank you! Yah it was crazy fast before, so it had me wondering now. I 've been gone a couple years but had an itch to get back into breedables, and have an odd sized land allocation because of group contributions. Just need a spot in the middle of nowhere to put down mah horses. Thanks for letting me know the normal pacing.

-Reminds me of a person who was complaining they couldnt find anything in search because their alotment was odd meters and so they claim an abandoned parcel.
And they had to pay L$1.0 meters to LL.. Then LL was late - and I show them parcels for sale in the search of the system for less than 1.0/m ...or roadsides or prime ones for a bit more , and I told them, is all about how to know to search.. They replied.. Oh, I know how to use search...! 
I shut my mouth and added one more negative exp in my lost of the faith to humanity issue

They never found that roadside which was prime and they had to wait NOT! And now they live in a grass parcel in the middle of nowhere which could had be found for 0.6 or 0.7 in any period of the year!

Way to go!

• Haha 1

20 hours ago, SinopaKoko said:

My last ticket took 8 days to be processed (from Tuesday to Tuesday); I even had to edit it because the parcel that I originally had requested, was purchased by someone else

I has never taken so long, but in my experience, it is usually 4-5 business days

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 522 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.