New Computer Shopping?

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 505 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

On 12/6/2022 at 5:23 PM, Bree Giffen said:

I believe you can get 500 Mbps speeds on a fiber internet. I have cable internet and am getting 230 Mbps. I just unplugged the network cable from the laptop and my network wi-fi is only 30 Mbps.

I just tested. Got 300  fiber in the wall with my gaming desktop,  and 270 plus on a newish acer with just a i5 gen11 and the dreaded intel HD. Wifi slows down compared to the "real" stuff, but not that much.  A Samsung Galaxy A21s got just under 30.

BTW no, not replacing my Galaxy until it dies, fast enough for a phone and the battery life is still  astounding. Just for a slight comparison :) 

Looks like many more replies beat me to this topic but I would like to put in my own say as well so for me I just run an HP Envy 360 it's a 2020 model with 12 gigs of RAM, with Intel core i7 11th generation, if you do decide to run a laptop anybody that reads this a cooling mat is really necessary you can get a good one on Amazon for cheap I bought mine for $60 which has two turbo fans on it with four speeds it keeps the laptop pretty cool as far as my settings go I can run my settings in between medium and high though I don't have advanced Lighting on all that fancy stuff laptop is always on the cooler and I have absolutely no problems sometimes it is limiting if I go to Big Daddy's Rock Club and there is a lot of people or a shopping event it does seem to impact my experience a little bit but there's a preference mode to where I can go to Performance balanced quiet or cool I usually put it in performance mode again no problem no I must say that at the time I bought the laptop for photography and blender projects so the laptop is about 1600 but I prefer to be portable and not strapped to a freaking wall. Laptops do have their limitations but if you get around that by the portability and be able to take it anywhere just slip on your hotspot on your phone you're good to go, if you have reached this far you could always go to Facebook Marketplace and look for a used gaming computer instead of going out there and spending a whopping 1600 on a computer that you may not even like for gaming just spend three to four hundred on an already put together gaming PC and give it a test run not sure if anybody found this helpful but either way good luck

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 505 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.