Avatar hitboxes and collision skeletons

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 534 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

I have noticed an object that contains both an avatar hitbox and a collision skeleton. I have looked on many sims and at many objects and nowhere, except in this one object, can I find these things.
I wondered if someone could tell me why these things might exist in an object that, ordinarily would not need them. It is not on a gaming sim where collision detection is necessary. Nor would the object need any apparent collision detection or avatar hitbox. Can these things be used for nefarious purposes. The object does also contain an animation.
I have seen these things in firestorm viewer by enabling the Developer menu, then opening "render metadata", and clicking both "avatar hitboxes" and "Collision skeletons".

• 2 weeks later...
On 11/11/2022 at 3:43 AM, swizzletop said:

I have noticed an object that contains both an avatar hitbox and a collision skeleton. I have looked on many sims and at many objects and nowhere, except in this one object, can I find these things.
I wondered if someone could tell me why these things might exist in an object that, ordinarily would not need them. It is not on a gaming sim where collision detection is necessary. Nor would the object need any apparent collision detection or avatar hitbox. Can these things be used for nefarious purposes. The object does also contain an animation.
I have seen these things in firestorm viewer by enabling the Developer menu, then opening "render metadata", and clicking both "avatar hitboxes" and "Collision skeletons".

Most likely it is an animesh object.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 534 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.