New Linden viewer(6.6.7.576223) not render materials without diffuse texture

Hitomi Magne

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 389 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

I bought "THIS IS WRONG Soaked Shine 3D - Legacy/Omega TINTABLE(ADD)" that is apply water material to mesh body. It is nice to take photo at beaches.

But LL viewer 6.6.7.576223 not render it at all.

I think new LL viewer not render normal and specular material if diffuse texture is blank or 100% transparent.

Is this a bug or specification?

スクリーンショット 2022-11-03 063746.png

Snapshot_1095_2 .jpg

Snapshot_1097_2.jpg

19 hours ago, NiranV Dean said:

Diffuse also can't be blank,

I suppose that this body got several (onion) mesh layers, one used for the ”diffuse”, and another for the ”material” (which itself would have a diffuse texture, of course).

21 hours ago, Hitomi Magne said:

Is this a bug or specification

This would be an alpha-sorting issue with rigged meshes and I'd rather suspect an issue (bug) with a reverted commit LL pushed last week. The (now reverted) commit was supposed to fix alpha-sorting in the performance viewer to restore the ”legacy” alpha sorting, but it caused other issues due to a bug in its implementation (seen with some mesh heads). I fixed that latter bug, and proposed that fix to LL, but it was not yet picked up, so far...

The Cool VL Viewer should render your body just fine (like Firestorm which did not yet pick up the revert from LL, but without the bug that likely impacts the latter with the said mesh heads).

Edited by Henri Beauchamp
  • Like 1

• 5 months later...

Hello and a Nicely

And now, some month later, have same problem/bug or however it call too  :( . Alpha see is now realy hard strange, and some mesh hairs, special from Truth hair, damn looks realy ugly .

have all do, setup higher, full ultra, nooothing .. hope any can say me how handle it :( 

LL reverted some changes they did in the performance viewer, but they did not pick up my (working) fix...

You could create a JIRA issue, giving reproduction steps (affected items, graphics settings, viewer version), and screen shots comparing what you get and what you should be seeing (use an older SL viewer or the Cool VL Viewer for the latter).

Edited by Henri Beauchamp
  • Like 2

i have write with support people, all in one, was the end,  click in the setup -back to recommended setting- click ok-and restart sl- end is, you see your hair normal, but BUUUT, when let fly the cam far away and switch back to the avatar, is same how before,ugly looking hair and so big alpha see, that want delete all my 100 Truth hairs. support mean to, when nothing help, write shop owner for help, ähm, by 100 hairs, is much help xD

p.s. sry not sry my englisch, greetings from germany ❤️

Edited by MeDajana

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 389 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.